• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jkomo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • e-bike for rehab? or just take my time
  • susepic

I have searched, and only found one post that doesn’t quite answer my Q.

I am having to rehab after a tibial plateau fracture. I also need a new road bike….

So am I better off getting a bike or e-bike to get me back fit over the next few months…

What do people think will have the best outcome?
    I can use the road bike and just go real easy on flattish loops, and put it on the turbo in a few months when the weather gets grizzly

Or do I go ebike to provide assistance that will help me go a bit further faster, but won’t go on the turbo in the winter.

Which option is likely to get me fitter quicker for a postponed trip to Ventoux next summer …

TIA

twonks

Without knowing anything about the level of your injury, I wouldn’t rush the rehab and repair and I don’t think I’d want to be putting myself in a position where I could injure it further in a crash / fall / slip etc.

For that reason alone I think I’d go for the relative safety and controlled area that an indoor training setup brings. It is arguably more efficient and beneficial than an outdoor ebike to training and rehab anyway as it is all controllable.

susepic

Thanks @twonks, sensible stuff, that was what I was gravitating towards. And putting in the time is what’s going to get me fit again, rather than what I’m doing it on.

fossy

Normal bike and a turbo first

That’s what I did after a broken spine, plus some gentle off road.

chevychase

Agree with @Twonks. And once you’re in a better place and can go outside the analogue bike will be better for fitness.

jkomo

If it’s hilly then ebike will be much nicer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.