Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • E Bike for commuting <£900
  • jugheaddave
    Free Member

Hi Friends.

My work mate is looking to purchase an E-Bike for a 20mile (one way) commute to be used 5 days a week.
    It would also need to be available on the cycle to work scheme.

Any recommendations or options?

jugheaddave
    Free Member

I forgot to add that we do have charging stations at work, and its actually 14miles one way, and not 20.

doomanic

Have you missed off a zero?

Even the cheapest G-Tech bike is £995 and I’d be amazed it had the real world range you need.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Carrera maybe?

tjagain

At that price you are really struggling to get anything decent unfortunatly

dyna-ti

Basic carrera is 1100.
    Though im loathed to suggest helfrauds. Maybe the “Assist Crossbar Hybrid Electric Bike”
    £650. Range up to 20 miles*.
    https://www.halfords.com/bikes/electric-bikes/assist-crossbar-hybrid-electric-bike-137302.html?_gl=1*289efc*_up*MQ..

* probably pushing it at that, but 650 is pretty cheap.

Even the cheapest G-Tech bike is £995

From the gtech site on the mtb ebike advert “Powerful Breaking” 😆

nbt

@samuri just got one of these

any feedback?

redstripe
    Free Member

£500 Swytch kit to add to existing bike? Long wait times though, just got one after 5 months from ordering

samuri
    Free Member

Really happy with our Carrera intercity although we’ve only had it a few weeks. It came in a week, battery seems good for over 30 miles. My wife just came to the Lakes with me and dropped me on every big climb. Bit twitchy but then all folders are.

RustyNissanPrairie

Not going to happen for £900, it needs to be able to do 28 miles on a charge unless you buy 2x chargers and any EBSO (e-bike shaped object) being used 5 days a week is going to suffer some serious wear and tear so needs components up to the task.

I bought a Trek Conduit ebike commuting hybrid a year or so new in a 50% off sale. Shimano motor and battery, Deore groupset, mudguards and built in lights. Perfect for daily commutes. They crop up on eBay for a bit more then your budget but are cheaper than other 2nd hand ebikes due to being half price to begin with.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘E Bike for commuting <£900’ is closed to new replies.