Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dunkeld trails
  • steveh

Hi,

I’m up in Scotland riding for a few days after the World Cup and before heading to inners for the enduro this weekend. I was thinking of heading to Dunkeld tomorrow to ride and was hoping for any trail tips and also how it rides after rain as it’s been a very wet day today
    Cheers

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I was on one of the easier trails (Doug/Dan) with my kids on Saturday. It was very wet and chewed up we did one run and called it a day. I wouldn’t be going back on principle for a while. I think it is too wet. I didn’t build the trails and I don’t want to trash them.

I am an atheist, but would rate some of today’s showers as “biblical”.

moonsaballoon

Comrie Croft might be a better bet .

mactheknife

Na man, as a reasonable local I think it’s best to stay away for a wee while. The weather today was nuts and any riding will totally chew the trails up. Nothing rides well in the soaking wet as it’s all forestry natural.

Comrie croft on the other hand. Good shout!!

steveh

Thanks. Seems like time to have a rethink.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was likely to be riding there tomorrow. I’ve ridden Pink Floyd after wet weather and it was like a log flume, but Rake & Ruin seemed pretty weather-proof and Crow’s Nest and Rudder seem like they’d dry quickly.

I’ve not ridden the Atholl Hill or Hermitage trails but was thinking of checking some out tomorrow – are they the bits you guys are thinking of?

stanfree
    Free Member

Interested in thsi as well , my son is doing the mtb borders Downhill at the weekend and i was going to take the wee hardtail to kill some time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Weather today and tomorrow dry apparently so I would expect the ground to dry quickly at this time of year?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, nice breeze too but Saturday’s forecast is poor. Open exposed bits should get a good dry.

oldtennisshoes

Dunked has it’s own microclimate. It can be cracking the flags 5 miles down the road and still be cold and damp there. Comrie Croft is a good weatherproof option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dunkeld trails’ is closed to new replies.