Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DuB PF92 BB with some longevity?
  • v7fmp

I am after a Dub PF92 BB, but having used the SRAM ones on a couple of occasions, they dont seem to last all that long.

Is there a more robust or longer lasting variant that folk use? Sram ones are around £40 (if you can find one). I dont mind paying a chunk more for one that will last.

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

DickBarton

Hopefully not a daft question, but the BB shell has been faced and it is definitely parallel? A slightly squint face and put extra wear on the bearings and they can wear out quickly.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hopefully not a daft question, but the BB shell has been faced and it is definitely parallel?

For a PF BB not sure facing of the BB shell has any influence. More importantly is the diameter of the BB shell within spec, is it even round, and is it parallel and aligned with the other side? I suspect not because the way modern bikes are manufactured means BB’s are not manufactured very well at all meaning bearings are out of alignment relative to each other and angular forces imposed on the bearings that they are not designed to handle. Hambini may be a Dick of the highest order, but he’s definitely onto something about the shoddiness of all bottom brackets shells in frames at every price point…from the cheaper end to the high end boutique. They’ve all been measured and found to be shockingly out of alignment in many cases. If you can’t align your bearings accurately you have no hope.

Maybe look at a one piece insert BB shell form one of the several aftermarket companies that make them.

v7fmp

cheers for the reply’s gents.

Its a norco frame, so i suspect not to the highest of tolerances (or any to be fair).

Sounds like its a false economy spending more on a fancy one?

I havent got any experience or knowledge of a one piece insert BB shell, so will do some research and take a look. cheers!

Northwind

How good is the crank? Dub’s basically a bad standard, so unless it’s a really nice crank it’s often going to make more sense to sell it and replace with something that uses a better BB.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DuB PF92 BB with some longevity?’ is closed to new replies.