Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • DT Swiss 350 v Hope Pro 4 hubs
  • escrs
    Free Member

Looking to build a new set of wheels, love my DT Swiss 350 hubs on my other bike but also tempted to try Hopes

New wheels are going to be boost, are the DT’s better than the Hope’s? any known issues with Hope pro 4’s?

My DT’s have been faultless and i haven’t had any hope hubs since the early 2000’s (big un’s)

joemmo
    Free Member

Every time I’ve seen this asked/ debated it tends to boil down to: do you want the choice of colours or just black, a loud or quiet freehub and whether or not you want to buy a UK product. The performance and spare part availability seems pretty much equal.

FTR I’ve got Hopes and 350s and I would happily choose either one again but might edge to Hope because I like a bit of colourful anodising..

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

350s. Hope hubs are obnoxiously loud. Are you obnoxious?  🦄

tomhoward

I’ve both, as above both work equally well, but given the choice I’d go hope as they feel a little less ‘mass produced’ I know they aren’t but still….

plus shiny.

plus you won’t need a bell.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers guys, i prefer black (black bike, black car etc…)

Not sure on the hope freehub noise, on one hand it lets people know you are coming on the other hand ill have to put up with the noise all the time 🙁

tomhoward

Or pedal more…

bigjim

went from pro 2 to 350s, wouldn’t go back to hope because I love the silence of DT. Hope are still on the commuter though as people can hear you coming

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Or pedal more…

please , this is singletrack forum, have some respect

escrs
    Free Member

Pedal!!! how very dare you, that’s why i bought an e-bike lol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or pedal more…

Exactly we have all been on out skills course and worked out that endless pedalling is a waste of energy 😉

I like the DT on the Gravel/Commuting bike as it’s better than a bell.

Hopes always look better though

steve_b77
    Free Member

DT every day of the week, used to have Hope, new bike came with 350’s and that’s done 3000km including a couple of 24hr, 12hr solos and a load of big rides in all conditions. Never missed a beat, never even been serviced

fudge9202
    Free Member

Also had both, prefer the Hope for the noise and the choice of colours, just bought a nice set of boost shiny orange pro 4’s😀

sillyoldman

Only reason to buy Hope would be for the colours, which to me is a pretty poor reason.

I’ve got 5 pairs of wheels with DT hubs and 1 with Hopes. The Hopes are the least used and have been stored in the same place as all th others. The Hopes have both got cracked flanges. DTs all good.

escrs
    Free Member

Swaying towards the dt’s with stans flow mk3 rims over a set of hope pro 4’s on hope’s tech 35w rims

Northwind

They are pretty close tbh. The 350 is a wee bit let down by its bearings, DT fit cheaper ones than they do in the 240 to save money but even so you ought to get better life than Hope normally, and if you fit better ones when they wear out they’ll last much better.

Close enough to go with pesonal preference though

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Hope are not as loud as they used to be and their customer service is second to none . Sillyoldman why don’t you send your Hope wheels back ?

bigjim

The 350 is a wee bit let down by its bearings

Changed my front bearings at about 3500km and 3.5 years and still on the original rear bearings! Though I never jet wash.

Northwind

Aye, they’re not terrible, they’re just not quite as good as the 240 ones

BearBack
    Free Member

DT’s because they are bomb proof and lighter…also you’ll be micro spline compatible!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Had various DTs and Hopes. Would happily have either to be honest. As a few people have said, Hope if you want some colour 🙂

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’ve recently moved to DT after about nine years on various Hopes. I find the DTs are less draggy, and it took me a while to get used to quiet hubs again. My next hubs if/when these die will be DT again. I think…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 350 v Hope Pro 4 hubs’ is closed to new replies.