Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DT hubs – best place to buy?
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Whats the current go to e-store for buying DT hubs?
    Looking for a 135/142 350 32h but no where seems particularly well priced.

Or is this a stealth wanted ad?

bigginge

I’ve been looking for a pair of boost, straight pull 350s for a new build and have found r2-bike.com to be the cheapest place so far. Haven’t looked at the specific hubs you’re after though so might not be the best price for those.

https://r2-bike.com/

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve been watching DT 350’s for a while now in preparation for a new build that seems to have been on hold for ever.

I’d agree that r2 are probably the best one-stop shop for DT if you need hubs plus adapters plus freehubs but depending exactly what you want, Starbike May be worth a look too.

mariner
    Free Member

One method used to be buying a knackered old wheels as a set or odd size wheels individually with the hub you want fitted.
    Bit of a lottery but a used 240s that can be rebuilt for as little as a third of the new price does have its attractions if you are on a budget.

vincienup
    Free Member

The old wheelsets approach is one that has probably had its day I think.

I’m assuming the world caught on, as all manner of DT hubbed crap is overpriced now.

Obviously, boost requirement adds problems as boosted DTs aren’t really old enough yet for this approach…

baddddad
    Free Member

Worth looking at the clearance wheels on CRC. Sometimes cheaper than buying the hub on its own:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/dt-swiss-dt350-on-asym-i19-x01xc-rear-wheel/rp-prod187674

BearBack
    Free Member

Thanks.
    Yep, I keep my eye out for old used hubs and snap them up when I can. Got a 32h 240 front locally last week for pennies! I’m through all my old wheels now too from various kids builds.
    I’d looked at that i19 CRC wheel but being that the 28h rims they sent me were 32h, I’m not convinced the 32 spoke wheel with a 28 spoke photo won’t end up being another headache.
    I’m sure if I wait a couple of months something will show up but the bits between my teeth now and I’m itching to get it done 🙂

damascus
    Free Member

I know you said 32 hole but there are some good deals on 28h 240s on ebay from the Netherlands and all the plus rims I was looking at are all discounted in 28h from crc etc. They were so much cheaper I was considering selling my 32 hole hopes to start a new build.

seller:rollingbparts on ebay

joebristol

I was looking for a deal on 350’s when I was building my most recent wheelset but I didn’t find anything great. Went with Hope Pro 4’s instead for less money – plus they looked nicer (imo) than the checkerboard finished 350’s I could find at the time. So far so good – although accepting the Hope’s might need more regular maintenance.

argee

THere’s still bargains to be had, some non boost e1700s for 120 here, https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/521498162032297/

Bought similar not that long ago, a quick true and clean and they’re perfect, always worth a viewing, but usually these things are sold cheap because the rims are knackered or out of true.

BearBack
    Free Member

Yep, there do seem to be plenty of factory wheels kicking about, trouble is almost all are 28h.
    Just need to find a stash of the original EX1750’s – 26″ but on 240s hubs so will do 110/20, 100 qr/9/15 and 135qr/10 and 142×10/12
    I have a bunch of 28h hubs and narrow rimmed spline wheels but the 28h rims I ordered to widen things up ended up as 32h 🙁

breninbeener

@BearBack….was the rim you ordered an i19 from crc at about £19? They stated 28h but i wanted 32h, so didnt order.
    Their mistake may have helped me!

andybrad

any 28H boost xd ones about cheaply i would appreciate it.

BearBack
    Free Member

Nope, 30mm e13 trs+ 28h ordered (32h arrived)
    They pulled the product off the site having identified the problem.. which is odd as you’d think they just relist them correctly as 32h and sell them

mudmonster
    Free Member

I just ordered those E-thirteen trs+ rims. They better be 28h as I bought some 28h dt Swiss 350 boost hubs on eBay at the same time. They are still on CRC as 28h though.

BearBack
    Free Member

I bought 27.5.
    They’ve taken the 27.5 28h off the product options

tomaso
    Free Member

I was going to build my last set of wheels but parts were more expensive than I could get built from a shop. Try bikestacja.pl

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DT hubs – best place to buy?’ is closed to new replies.