Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Drumlanrig – opening times?
  • ossify

I plan on cycling over later to ride the red, around 6pm, is there a latest time or is it always open? Not sure if the £6 charge and 5pm closing applies to the car park only or the whole grounds.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You can ride any time you want, it’s never closed, at that time of day you won’t be paying.

prawny

There was a sign there last week that the parking only charge was £2.50 after being free during COVID restrictions.

But as above, there’s no gate so if the guy isn’t in the box you can’t pay.

ossify

Great thanks, thought so, just didn’t want to arrive and find closed gates or something 🙂

Rona

there’s no gate so if the guy isn’t in the box you can’t pay.

I believe you can pay the car parking charge online before you go now …

https://www.drumlanrigcastle.co.uk/plan-a-visit/opening-times/book-online-car-parking-for-estate/

FAQs also very helpful. I especially liked this …

“What if I don’t want to pay it?
    Don’t worry you will be directed to a safe route back out of the Park by a member of our team.”

ossify – hope you have a great ride. 😃

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve not been since they charged 4 of us 28 quid to park one car, and gave me a receipt for 11 quid.

Is that coveted in their witty FAQ’s? 🤣

scruffywelder
    Free Member

If you’re cycling in to ride the trails then it’s free anyway…

If you’re driving there to ride then don’t forget to tell the dude in the hut that you’re there to ride. Makes it easier for Rik to make a case for funding for trail repairs 😉

iainc

They have always charged per person, not per car, and are now offering reduced fees and online payment.

I normally buy a season ticket, which is about £20 and covers me and the car for unlimited trips over the season when charges apply, usually March to late September. Good value IMO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig – opening times?’ is closed to new replies.