Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Drs & Physios – Sore elbow advice please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

After putting up 12 8ft concrete posts and about 65ft length of 6 foot fence yesterday my left elbow is a bit sore. It is sore when I try to fully straighten it and also when I have it slightly bent and try to push in some directions. It is noticeable that it hurts more pushing in one direction than the other as shown in the quick video clip.

Any recommendations to speed recovery?

I have Volterol cream which never seems to do anything, Ibuprofen and Zapain in the cupboard if any of those help or are there specific exercises that will help. Rest in a hot tub with a beer eased most of the pain yesterday evening but not this elbow unfortunately.

pedlad

In the same boat so will watch for some internet diagnosis advice in preference to going to being arsed to go to gp

TomB

Where’s it sore, exactly? Typical possibilities include lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow). Google nhs tennis elbow for symptoms and treatment, most soft tissue advice applies whatever the diagnosis- rest, anti-inflammatories, cool pack etc.

IANADorP

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The pain is in the joint at the top as seen in the video. There is the bony end of the elbow and then a dip and it is in the dip that the pain lurks. Not painful to touch but hurts when I move. Hurts more when I press it when moving.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ll have a fiver each way on bursitis at 13/2

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

PP – no real swelling and it is not on the bony end of the elbow so I suspect not. PayPal is fine for the fiver thanks

nash

My elbow swelled up once after I fell off the bike once, doctor said it was something called ‘student’s elbow’ and that it would get better by itself with some rest. Was still sore for years afterwards until someone at the running club suggested Glucosamine Sulphate which did the job and got rid of the soreness.

Obviously, no idea if it would work for you.

woody2000

Tennis elbow i reckon. Rest is really the best cure. You’ve overworked the joint and now it’s inflamed. An ice pack a few times a day might help,  massage if you can too. Avoid overuse!

My Mrs did some acupuncture on mine which seemed to help, joys of having an in house physio 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Drs & Physios – Sore elbow advice please’ is closed to new replies.