Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dropper Post Seat Bag for Bikepacking
  • chevychase

Has someone, anyone, done a decent dropper compatible seat bag for bikepacking yet or do we still have to buy a wolfstooth valais and wing it?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Porcelain Rocket 🚀
    Mr Fusion

chevychase

Porcelain Rocket did the albert (featured in that bikepacking article) but discontinued as they couldn’t get it to work reliably – which is a real shame because of everything I looked at that ticked all the boxes.

The Mr Fusion is being redesigned (and if you look at the pics – big no-no – contact with the seatpost tube).

Alpkit’s solution looks dicey (seat tube interaction) – which is a shame as I have losds of their kit.

Anyone here bikepack with a dropper? What do you use?

steezysix
    Free Member

Depending on your bike, a simple rear rack with a drybag strapped on top might be the easiest solution. a Tubus Vega is only 600g and rock solid. Less chance of damaging the seatpost too. Doesn’t help if you’re on a full suss, mind…

TimT
    Free Member

Saw this on here under topic “Bikepacking with a dropper! simple solution” Genius, if you can fit the 2nd post behind the dropper.
    11150163_10153271013261474_7866855198562424693_n

SimonR

I keep looking at this one but never hit the buy button … https://bikepacking.com/gear/rockgeist-gondola-review/

guandax
    Free Member

I just used a regular bag and taped the dropper post with electrical tape to protect it from the strap. Worked fine.

survivor

I just run my regular koala with one strap round the post. The strap and plastic buckle are yet to mark the stantion and still let me drop the saddle enough to have fun.

This is on a £55 quid ks eten post though which I couldn’t care less about. 😂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dropper Post Seat Bag for Bikepacking’ is closed to new replies.