Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dropper post remote lever
  • dai3015
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new dropper that comes with an under bar lever for use with 1x systems – trouble is I’m still on 2×10
    Can you just buy a “universal” remote for 2x systems? I’ve had a look on chainreaction and they have a brandx which looks like it might do the business but it’s £25 – is there anything else out there that I should be looking at? A quick ebay search doesnt’t seem to bring up to many options
    Thanks
    David

falkirk-mark

Can you not put it inboard a bit from the gear trigger (bar width dependant)

or turn it upside down (trigger on top of bars)

tomhoward

Put it over the bar on the rhs?

austy
    Free Member

I have a specialized command post lever spare that fits quite nicely with a lock on grip instead of a collar. can have it for a £5 posted.

vincienup
    Free Member

The KS standard remote should do what you want. It even serves as the inboard clamp of a set of lockon grips if you like. It’s not very pretty but does the job.

Should be plenty knocking around spare from people who have upgraded.

Only place I can quickly find new on sale is bike24

dai3015
    Free Member

Thanks everyone
    Cheers
    David

thepurist

Fork remote levers should be fine too, but I’d go for austys offer. (MrsP is using that lever with a 3x system)

dai3015
    Free Member

I’ve pmid Austy

Cheers

sam_underhill

Why are dropper remotes so chuffin’ expensive? They are more than an xtr shifter which is an infinitely more complex piece of engineering.

solidrooster
    Free Member

David If you’re still aren’t sorted out I’ve got one you can have

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve a KS remote that I’ll happily swap for a shifter-style under lever remote!

dai3015
    Free Member

Cheers all, looks like STW has been more than helpful

Northwind

sam_underhill – Member

Why are dropper remotes so chuffin’ expensive? They are more than an xtr shifter which is an infinitely more complex piece of engineering.

I’d assume they sell a shitload more shifters. (though, just googled and a current XTR shifter is £74 on CRC, that’s more than most dropper remotes)

sam_underhill

Oh… I’ve got that wrong then. It’s just that everything seems expensive then.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post remote lever’ is closed to new replies.