• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by StuF.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dropper post play
  • StuF

My x-fusion dropper has developed a bit of play so the saddle rotates left/right. I suspect the brass keys have worn.

x-fusion don’t sell spares. Any guesses would it be the brass key that has worn or the slots they go into.

If it’s just the brass keys, any reason I can’t just replace them with a piece of brass rod of the same diameter?

frogstomp

What are the dimensions of the brass keys? They look similar to the ones used in other posts (One Up, Brand X etc.) so you may be able to use those instead.

StuF

Good question – I’ve not taken it apart since it developed play. From memory about 30mm x 3 or 4mm.

Just wanted to know if other people had done this and it was the way to go before I go through the pain of taking it all apart

reeksy

Oneup do the keys in varying diameters now apparently, so you can take out the slop. That suggests it’s the keyways that enlarge over time. Therefore if you can measure the keys you have now and get very slightly wider ones, you might get away with it.

StuF

thanks Reeksy – looks like I’ll have to strip it down to find out what’s going on

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.