Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • drop bar shifters to work with 9 spd xt?
  • ton

looking for some drop bar shifters to work with 9 spd xt rear mech.

anyone?

also best brake lever to work trp spyre. was thinking the tektro 340 lever?

scotroutes

Is this for a 9 speed cassette Tony?

I use 10 speed Ultegra shifters and a 9 speed mech for a 10 speed cassette.

ton

yes mate.

nedrapier

Dura ace 9speed bar end shifters.

longdog
    Free Member

I have 105 10 speed brifters with 9 speed rear derailleur. 10 speed cassette.

keithb

9 Speed road STI’s should work with 9speed MTB stuff.

Not so sure about front mech compatability, but I think that’s bodgeable if a problem.

martymac

I use dura ace 10 speed bar end shifters, with a 9 speed xt rear mech, on a 10 speed cassette.
    Works really well.
    The important bit is the cable pull, 10 speed road is the same as 9 speed mtb.
    I’ve used the same shifters with 10 speed tiagra and 105 rear mechs. All work perfectly.

joemmo
    Free Member

I use 10 speed Ultegra shifters and a 9 speed mech for a 10 speed cassette.

my previous setup used this combo but with 105 levers. They also work well with the Spyres.
    Front mech needs to be a road mech if you’re running a double / triple.

Only thing to be aware of is that 10 speed Tiagra uses the same cable pull as 11 speed road. Because of course it does.

simondbarnes

I’m using Dura Ace 9spd bar end shifters with my XT 9spd rear mech (front mech as well)

Oh and levers…

RL340 would work well, also look at TRP RRL.

BadlyWiredDog

9 Speed road STI’s should work with 9speed MTB stuff.

Yep, I run 9-speed 105 shifters with a 9-speed XT mech and cassette on my cross bike. Nine speed shimano road and mtb are identical in spacing and have the same cable pull. Basically any nine-speed Shimano STI shifters should work fine. I also run Spyres with the same levers, they’re fine, take as much slop out as possible though. I also run a 180mm front rotor.

steezysix
    Free Member

As above, Shimano 9spd road and MTB are the same pull on the rear, I think the front is different. I’m using a long cage Deore mech with the newest Sora STI – means I can run a big cassette with 28/42 on the front for touring, works perfectly.

ton

cheers fella’s.

boblo
    Free Member

9 speed STI is not compatible with MTB (e.g. XT) 9 speed front mech, rear is fine. You’ll need bar ends (friction left) or a road front derailleur.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘drop bar shifters to work with 9 spd xt?’ is closed to new replies.