Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Driving emissions certificates in France.
  • Ambrose

I’ve driven in France many times over the years, most recently in 2017. There were regular messages on the autoroutes in the Nord Pas de Calais region last August, requesting drivers to reduce their speed by 10kmh. The weater at the time had been hot and sunny for some days.

A friend has recently highlighted this; https://www.crit-air.fr/en/ which seems to be regulations prohibiting the driving of certain vehicles under certain circumstances that could exacerbate poor air quality.

Any experiences? I’m off to Morzine, via Tours in July.

Ambrose

And Oi, Stoner, JamBo, I mean you!

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t see how it would impact a trip to morzine unless you are stopping over in the city centre. We usually stay in the out of town estates if doing an over-nighter

wilburt
    Free Member

Put the cruise on 90 and worry about something else.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ambo!

those restrictions are only in certain city centres. They will become more prevalent in the future (by area classification), but wont effect the general hoon down the motorways to the mountains for now unless you are taking a detour/stopover.

Having said all that, out of morbid curiosity I am applying for a Crit’Air vignette for the Stonerwagon now because as an ’03 VW panzerwagen T4 it’s going to be borderline on bad days.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve got a green one and a purple one. More smug than Paris in a smog.

Stoner
    Free Member

My shame-badge is now on it’s way to me 😳

Edukator
    Free Member

Could be worse, but not much:

Ambrose

Oooh! We all like stickers 🙂 Where do I apply for a nice sticker? I think mine will have a nice No1 on it 😉

aP
    Free Member

We allegedly have 2x Euro5 vehicles. We received yellow stickers – one is a T5 the other is an AdBlue £30 VED.

In the end it only has any effect in 3 French cities currently.

Edukator
    Free Member

Errr it all depends on the weather and emissions. Zero in force today but if it’s hot, no wind and lots of pollution you could in theory have about 20. Check here for Paris (and click the links on the page for other areas) :

https://www.crit-air.fr/nc/fr/informations-sur-la-vignette-critair/zones-environnementales-en-france/paris-zone-zpa.html

woody2000

Which documents do you need to apply for one of these, it’s not clear to me. Do they expire?

ElShalimo

@Edukator – I wasn’t aware of this. Do all vehicles in France need to display the sticker?

We’re going to the Pyrenees in our campervan in the summer.

superfli
    Free Member

I bought a crit air sticker as we’ll be driving to Paris whilst on hols this summer. Cost me a whopping £4 Inc delivery. Just go to their website which isn’t hard to find, and order one of you are going to one of the cities.

I’m Euro 3. The shame.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

It’s not just the cities any more.  If you get the wrong weather with high pollution it’s going to be a large detour to get to the Alps without going through a zcr.  Check the map of the zones on this link.

https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/french-environmental-zones-zcr/french-environmental-zones.html

The green zones app is pretty helpful too.

matt_outandabout

Our old Galaxy wore it’s sticker of shame well – but so well I couldn’t pick it off, even using hot water.

ElShalimo

@superfli – where is the £4 version? The crit air site sells them for ~€29

bob_summers

It’s all good.

Anybody want to buy a T5? 😥

Edukator
    Free Member

Elshalimo, you only need a sticker if you go into one of the permanently restricted areas on a weekday or find yourself in a temporarily restricted  area due to pollution. If your route goes through Paris on a weekday you need a sticker for sure, if not it depends on the weather. The whole of department 64 (where I live) is a restricted area but only when air quality is bad. When it’s bad you just need a sticker of some kind which you can get for any petrol makde after 1997 and any diesel after 2001. With the current pollution level trigger points it’s highly unlikely they’ll restrict 4 and 5 sticker vehicles any time soon. With 3 or better it’s anytime any place anywhere unless you’re unlucky and get caught up in an alternate plates day and even then I don’t think they’d stop you on a UK plate.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Buy from here for the €4 version.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande-ext/cgu

The crit air site appears to be a commercial site designed to make money from you.

ocrider

Edit: What he said above

Fwiw crit-air.fr is a private company trying to sell you the crit’air vignette at a significant mark up. Do not buy it from them. According to them, I live in a zone. First I’ve heard of it!

This is the genuine site for obtaining the little coloured disk

https://certificat-air.gouv.fr/

Edukator
    Free Member

Correction: 1997 diesels get a sticker too. (I was thinking of the prime à la conversion)

I hadn’t realised that you could get stickers at rip off prices form places other than the government, Orider. Thanks for that. Just like Germany, walk into any ADAC centre with your vehicle registration document and it’s cheap, but order on-line  and the price is much higher.

ElShalimo

Just bought one for €4.21 from the official site:  https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Thanks all

@Edukator
    – its a bit like the US ESTA application, there is a single official site and many rip-off sites charging you a multiple of the actual  ~$14 fee

tthew

We allegedly have 2x Euro5 vehicles. We received yellow stickers – one is a T5 the other is an AdBlue £30 VED.

Look at the table again – diesel’s get a 1 class lower penalty.

aP
    Free Member

TBH I’m not that fussed, its not really going to affect any of my driving in France plans. We’ve had them for over a year and when I drove the Périph’ last June very few French vehicles seemed to have them. Got our first aid kit, triangle, fire extinguisher, hiviz, alco test, and most importantly a Sanef tag…

cchris2lou

Living in France and no one I know has mentioned it.

I probably should check……

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>http://urbanaccessregulations.eu/low-emission-zones-main/where-do-i-need-to-register</p><p>Here’s a list of everything for the EU inlcluding official sources</p>

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Right, I want to get a sticker to conform, on the application form it asks for CO in g/km, which for my vehicle is 0.399, but the form won’t allow decimals, what do they want written on the form if I’m not allowed the actual number off the V5?

Edukator
    Free Member

A typical small car is about 120. i don’t know what .399 refers to but it isn’t what they are after. 399 maybe, what is it?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Peugeot Boxer 2.2hdi van.  V5 says 0.399

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

So maybe it is 399 they want, didn’t want to put the wrong details as they say no refunds if you give them the wrong info.

Edukator
    Free Member

Around 158, choose your vehicle in the list:

http://www.vanleasingmadesimple.com/data/peugeot/boxer/co2-emissions/

bob_summers

French decimal point is a comma, isn’t it?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Thanks  Edukator helpful 195 according to that list.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Bob – Maybe, but they want numericals only.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Driving emissions certificates in France.’ is closed to new replies.