Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • driver just happened to use their screenwash as they overtook me
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

Hmm. I wonder if that was just a coincidence or intentional.

njee20
    Free Member

Did this a couple of weeks ago IIRC. Some people are bell ends. Accidentally miss your mouth with the stickiest energy drink you can find into their open window mebbe?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

shite in his eye.

brakes
    Free Member

B.O. problem? maybe they thought you needed a wash.

DezB
    Free Member
    6079smithw
    Free Member

I use lovely fragrant Lush products. Maybe they thought I hate cops

krixmeister

On the motorcycle forums I’m on this comes up a lot. I genuinely think most people who do this do so on accident, and in any case I’d really rather have drivers being able to see out of clean windscreens. Gives them one less reason to use the SMIDSY excuse.

tdog
    Free Member

WOW! This thread brings a whole new element of paranoia to stw ;-d

scotroutes

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.

imnotverygood

Not really. This has happened to me & I could see the driver looking in his mirror & giving me the finger.

theboatman
    Free Member

@imnotverygood

I think that was probably deliberate 😉

hugo
    Free Member

I wonder if that was just a coincidence or intentional

If everyone that overtook you did it I’d be concerned. If you this is something that stood out because it sad so unusual then I think that answers the question.

SolidAir

Definitely a thing knobsheads do now, got nearly squirted riding in north lakes the other week. They missed so the **** pulled over 300 yards ahead and I could see the driver adjusting something on the bonnet and I wasn’t quite cottoning on to what they were up to. Got properly squirted next time they passed. ****! Mind you, better than Kent where I used to get firecrackers thrown at me…..****…….

angeldust
    Free Member

Years ago, I knew someone who deliberately adjusted their screen washers so they would squirt well over the windscreen.  This was done so he could ‘punish’ anyone he deemed to have wronged him by getting in his way, or drove the wrong kind of car etc etc.  He was a major knob.  I suspect it’s more difficult to do on most modern cars.

You have to wonder about the mentality of someone who thinks they are getting one over someone by doing this.

Bullet

It was quite satisfying to do it to the smartarse in an open top sports car behind us who tried to jump the queue leaving the Festival of Speed one year 🙂

ElVino

Stationary behind a car full of lads in Richmond park, they had clearly adjusted their jets and were trying to squirt every cyclist who passed. I was seething but our attempt to video it on phone was useless and I didn’t feel brave enough to tackle 5 of them with wife and 3 kids.

gwaelod
    Free Member

It’s a pathetic version of rolling coal in the US

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘driver just happened to use their screenwash as they overtook me’ is closed to new replies.