• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ajc.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Down Jacket Recommendations?
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

As above any that stand out – any price up to £200 ish considered.

Warm while standing around would be best

Cheers

whitestone
    Free Member

Alpkit Filo, about £140 ATM.

lunge

Depends how cold, your usage and if you’re a brand snob.
    The Decathlon jobs are really warm, normally under £100 and are all you need the UK IMO.

footflaps

Loads on Sportspursuit at half price….

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    ampthill

I’d consider synthetic depending on use

Bung it is the washing less need to worry abkut rain

But less warn for the same weight. Less cool on the high street

Alpkit do a couple. I have the lighter one. Love it

RustyNissanPrairie

I have an original MK1 TNF Nuptse and it’s brilliant – must be 20+ years old. Wife bought me a new MK2 a year or two ago and it’s not a patch on the original one so I’d say avoid TNF.

Spin
    Free Member

What’s it actually for?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Rab Microlite Alpine. It’s stunning, incredibly light and warm.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is it literally just for standing around in watching kids play football etc?

I love my Inov8. Warm but not ridiculously so and no synthetic down under arms so plenty of movement.

footflaps

Is it literally just for standing around in watching kids play football etc?

As someone who takes a nephew to hockey and has climbed 4000m peaks etc. Standing around by the side of an atro pitch in winter is the coldest I’ve ever been. Makes bivying in the Cairngorms in winter seem quite mild by comparison…

ajc
    Free Member

I got so cold watching my kids play hockey I decided to become a coach. At least you keep moving. I will second that standing around doing bugger all requires the warmest kit around.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Down Jacket Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.