Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Double glazing quote….
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…rear bay in the kitchen needs replacing 4 x windows 1 x door, £2200 to remove rotten windows etc, fit grey plastic double glazing units and fensa certificate.

Sound about right ??? North London tax ???

perchypanther
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound outrageous to me.

Marin
    Free Member

Sounds reasonable from my own experiences.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Is the 4 x windows the bay, or is it a bay window, plus 4 windows plus the door?

I just paid £1200 for a large bay window in hardwood (other quote was £2000) plus fitting

matt_outandabout

I’d pay that.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Is the 4 x windows the bay, or is it a bay window, plus 4 windows plus the door?

I just paid £1200 for a large bay window in hardwood (other quote was £2000) plus fitting

its a bay window with door in the middle (2 windows each side of the door bay as in curved )

sharkbait
    Free Member

Probably about right,then, given the location – just for comparison we’ve also just done a new powder coated aluminium front door with floor to ceiling side windows for about £3300 fitted.

finbar
    Free Member

Sharkbait, do you have a wooden bay and aluminium windows elsewhere? Or is it two houses?

I ask as I’m contemplating replacing my (very rotten) wooden windows with aluminium, but there are multiple sashes and one bay window (with a wood/lead roof), and I haven’t seen aluminium bay windows anywhere before.

sharkbait
    Free Member

One house, but the aluminium is confined to 3 x sets of bifolds and the front door – everything else is wood.

We used Origin for our stuff and they do windows (inc bay) also.
    https://origin-global.com/aluminium-windows/bay-windows

piha
    Free Member

That sounds a bit cheap to me.

Are you sure they will dispose of the old windows correctly or just dump the rubbish in a convenient quiet spot? Are they properly insured? Will they support the bay roof correctly when they remove the old windows?

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks Sharkbait, I’ll check them out. They can’t possibly be as expensive as Fabco Sanctuary or Crittall (touch wood…!).

Cougar

Bay windows are expensive. I had the back of my house done a good few years back – kitchen bay, back door, living room window, bathroom and bedroom – and the bay alone cost almost as much as the rest put together.

finbar
    Free Member

Did you get the bay done in wood Cougar? I’m in two minds – not looking forward to a lifetime of repainting it if I do (it will get a *lot* of weather given where we’re situated), but I’d really rather not go UPVC.

grimep
    Free Member

Think we paid 6k for a small semi detached- 5 upstairs windows, downstairs bay and front door

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Double glazing quote….’ is closed to new replies.