Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Doomsday Clock
  • frankconway

Has just been updated – now 2 minutes to midnight; was 2 mins 30 secs before update.

Does that reflect your (pessimistic) view?

It does for me.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

madhouse

Doomsday Clock – excellent track by the Smashing Pumpkins 🙂

martinhutch

I thought this was another ‘how long until my speeding ticket arrives?’ thread.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

sooner than you think on the Skipton by-pass

drlex
    Free Member

Clockface

grahamh
    Free Member

<Arthur Dent>
    So this is it, where going to die.
    </Arthur Dent>

cheekyboy
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Does that reflect your (pessimistic) view?</span>

No !

Lifes too short (an all that)

jamj1974

Yes, frankconway, pretty much.  Finding the current situation depressing in itself, actually impacting my mood  negatively.

epicyclo

When it gets to 30secs to midnight, all world leaders with nuclear buttons should be terminated.

That would discourage their posturing.

Ewan
    Free Member

Someone made the point once, that a good way to reduce the risk of nuclear war would be that whenever someone pushed a nuclear launch ‘button’, that person should immediately be shot in the head (and their deputy take over). It would give a certain clarity to decision making and bring home the implications of the act.

jimjam
    Free Member

Someone made the point once, that a good way to reduce the risk of nuclear war would be that whenever someone pushed a nuclear launch ‘button’, that person should immediately be shot in the head (and their deputy take over). It would give a certain clarity to decision making and bring home the implications of the act.

Seems like a great idea for encouraging diligent workers in all kinds different industries.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, according to a self selected panel of concerned experts, we are currently closer to a man-made global catastrophe than we were during:

The Cuban Missile Crisis

The downing of KAL007

Able Archer

The collapse of the Soviet Union (including the attempted coup against Gorbachev)

😄

edhornby

Correct Ninfan we are: we have a POTUS who will find himself way out of his depth if he’s not careful and ever increasing capability from NKorea and the middle east, and they aren’t stable regimes, and Putin who is a WindUpMerchant that nobody seems to want to do anything about

give me the choice between experts and you and I’ll choose the experts every time: are you Gove in disguise?

edlong
    Free Member

POTUS who will find himself way out of his depth

You’re almost exactly 12 months adrift with that prediction imho.

ninfan
    Free Member

12 months out?

More like 35 years out I reckon

Weve been pretty much hearing the same, whining, pathetic CND/Atomcraft Nein-Danke/Green/Communist Anti-US rhetoric for decades now.

aracer
    Free Member

Weve been pretty much hearing the same, whining, pathetic CND/Atomcraft Nein-Danke/Green/Communist Anti-US rhetoric for decades now.

and as I pointed out last time you whined about that, with justification in most cases – you do realise that comparing Scott Pruitt with Anne Gorsuch isn’t actually a positive thing?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

We need to get rid of that clock before it gets to midnight and kills us all.

ninfan
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>“with justification in most cases”</span>

The problem there is that your argument is bobbins

Reagan was supposed to drive us into Nuclear war – he was supposed to be the very type of reckless fool that they are now saying Trump is

Yet history tells us that they were wrong

Reagan and his ‘warmongering’ policies secured not only massive reductions stockpiles of both nuclear and conventional weapons, but ultimately the collapse of the Soviet Union – the very opposite of what they predicted.

History tells us that Reagan’s policies were right, and that the lefties alarmist predictions were utterly wrong.

So why should on earth wou”d any halfway sane person listen to them telling us their hysterical, alarmist whining about Trump when they got it so wrong about Ronnie?

Wookster

I agree with Muppet Wrangler!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Doomsday Clock’ is closed to new replies.