• This topic has 23,125 replies, 785 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by somafunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,881 through 3,920 (of 23,126 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • DrJ

I didn’t see jamba suggesting that he thought the media restrictions were a “good thing” – he just observed that they were happening.

True, strictly speaking, but given that Trump is a) trying to restrict the media and b) jamba’s new hero (alongside Nigel Farage), it’s a fair conclusion to draw.

jambalaya
    Free Member

DrJ I am just trying to see the positives, deal with the situation we have got, not underestimate the man. I was definiteky one of thise who mocked the US for electing Bush, that didn’t get me or the UK far though did it ? There cones a tine when you just have to acceptvthe resukt and work with the guy. I would do so on the basis he will be there 8 years too.

Pigface
    Free Member

Jamba you also never recanted your claim that Hilary had had a stroke. You told an huge whopper and established a reputation for yourself as a fibber.

I find the way you always step back from outing yourself as a Trumer as some kind of crisis of conscience.

Trumps manipulation of the press is going to bite him hard.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

On Trump I said early he wouldn’t win but a,so that once it was a 2 horse race he had as good a chance as Hilary.

Just read that aloud to yourself. 😆 Was it a 50/50 chance?

And again you’re `posting stuff without denouncing it, as a Trump supporter it’s no great leap to think that you agree with Trump’s decision making.

kerley
    Free Member

I am just trying to see the positives

What you see as positives most people see as negatives, that is the problem.

He hasn’t got a single positive. He may do in four year time if he proves people wrong but at the moment he is just proving them right.

kimbers

We have the perfect example of a compliant trump loving meeja should report him.
    Goves toadying interview in todays times shows just how vacuous the future is ,- a 2 man circle jerk where Trumps obvious ignorance of the world goes unchallenged..
    https://medium.com/@stewartwood6887/15-things-about-donald-trump-revealed-by-his-times-bild-interview-90d2a5836cc8#.qq7gawooq

DrJ

There cones a tine when you just have to acceptvthe resukt and work with the guy.

My mistake. I hadn’t realised you are a world leader or a captain of industry who “has to work with Trump”. I thought you were a random bloke on the Internet who is free to call a spade a spade. Or a misogynist bigot a misogynist bigot.

codybrennan
    Free Member

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Trust me he is not remotely embarrassed.

[/quote]

#jambafact

kelvin

NATO is obsolete?!?
    This from the next leader of the “free world”.
    Holy shit.

= :87(

Feckity ffeck fleck!

Northwind

So nobody cares that the covers band aren’t playing the inauguration at all? As someone, me, pointed out up the page they’re playing a totally different event called the Garden State Ball, run by the New Jersey State Society.

But one side wants to use it to beat Trump with, and inevitably the other inexplicably manages to turn it into a victory for Trump and an embarassment for the other side.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Does he have enough musicians to play 3?

Oh yes, and you know, they’re gonna be the best, i can’t say who they’ll be because, well trust me i know these people and they’re great. and you know what, the mexicans will pay because, well trust me it’s gonna just be great and it’s gonna be great because people love me and..

fourbanger
    Free Member

I thought he had to resort to military band?

CountZero

I thought he had to resort to military band?

Nah, it’ll be a rubber band.

kelvin

I care Northwind, keep challenging bullshit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As someone, me, pointed out up the page they’re playing a totally different event called the Garden State Ball, run by the New Jersey State Society.

Yep :

The B Street Band, America’s No. 1 Springsteen tribute band, agrees to play Trump inaugural ball

You can buy tickets for it here if you want :

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/garden-state-presidential-inaugural-gala-tickets-29015748886

philxx1975
    Free Member

NATO are obsolete, whenever there is an actual crisis they are next to **** useless , just like the UN peacekeepers.

akira

And the B street band just pulled out. It’s going to be Karaoke if anyone else quits.

Lifer
    Free Member

Now that’s embarrassing 😆

akira

Is there a B Street Band cover band?

kimbers

But how will trump be able to humiliate Springsteen now ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In a statement, the band say: “With deepest apologies to our fans and the New Jersey Inaugural Ball committee, the B Street Band is withdrawing from performing at this year’s inauguration Gala.”

“Our decision is based SOLELY on the respect and gratitude we have for Bruce and the E Street Band. Bruce’s music has been the foundation of our livelihood. The B Street Band would not exist without the talents of Bruce and our E Street brothers.”

“We are most grateful to these rock legends and look forward to many more years of emulating and performing the Forever Music, of Bruce Springsteen.”

DrJ

I heard that the P Street Band have been booked to play.

Northwind

Meanwhile, Trump continues to inspire…

http://time.com/4635835/christopher-von-keyserling-sexual-assault/

But it’s OK- his lawyer says “Von Keyserling playfully gave a lady who he knew for 30 years a pinch is what the accusation is. And somehow, everybody’s wringing their hands and carrying on that this is a crime, and it just isn’t.”

DrJ

Well I think we just have to accept the result and deal with the fact that sexual assault is now completely fine.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unless you are actually American you were only ever going to have to accept the result.

Or were you planning to stage anti-Trump protests outside the US embassy?

jambalaya
    Free Member

NATO. Trump is putting a lot of pressure on NATO to up spending. Partly as he wants the US to have to carry less of the burden (understandable) and secondly a decent chunk of that extra spending will go on US produced military equipment. Then the focus argument pushes NATO to do much more counter terrorism which suits the US down to the ground. Win-win-win for the US.

Whatever you think of Trump this is good for UK not least as he is lighting a fire under NATO and the EU.

kimbers

Nah he’s just doing what he’s told

I think grab em by the pussy is going to replace

e pluribus unum

DrJ

Unless you are actually American you were only ever going to have to accept the result.

Whoosh

cchris2lou

why is it good for the UK ?

DrJ

You’re getting embarrassing – this sort of man crush is best enjoyed in private.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

why is it good for the UK ?

Pay attention :

“he is lighting a fire under NATO and the EU”

kelvin

I personally think that Putin can’t believe his luck.

Also, interesting how internationalist the cheerleaders for Nativism can be, almost as if Nativism isn’t about what is best for your own country, but more about the destruction of perceived common enemies. Well, I say interesting, but if you fall into their cross hairs, then that might be the wrong word.

DrJ

kimbers

Actually just seen this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38642170

If the worlds biggest loser was mooted to lead NATO, then maybe it’s time had passed

tjagain

Any bets on trump lasting 4 years without impeachment or assassination?

kimbers

Heart attack?
    Autoerotic misadventure?
    Messy divorce?

Nah it’ll just be 4 years of blowing his own trumpet, fluffing up his property portfolio and angry tweets blaming the liberal media and congress for his many fsilures and broken election pledges

jambalaya
    Free Member

TJ I was willing to take that bet (even odds basically) but Chew pointed out you can do much better than that at proper betting companies.

As I said IMO he’s going to win a second term in 2020

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

no sign of the #jambafacts explaining how it’s not all embarrassing and humiliating to try and get elton john, fail, settle for tribute (fake) band, then have them pull out?

Chew pointed out you can do much better than that at proper betting companies.

actually it was pointed out TO chewie that betting shops offer odds. Still, facts and attention to detail not really your things, are they?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m assuming somebody is already writing the press release for the inauguration party as it’s unlikely any free press will get the reporting right.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,881 through 3,920 (of 23,126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.