Viewing 40 posts - 3,841 through 3,880 (of 23,088 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

After getting into a spat with a civil rights activist on MLK day things will be primed, protests marches planned on the day and counter marches by bikers.
    Only the cold weather can save it from kicking off now!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Last time a US president tried to stop their involvement abroad, his brain ended on the back seat of his car.

This one’s brain is already in his backseat. And if you think he’s not going to engage in ‘involvement abroad’ then check out the bridge I have for sale in the classifieds, hardyhar.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

The thing is about Trump and his “promises”, based on actual things he is on record as saying:

– Scenario A: He meant every word he said during his campaign and since.
    If this is the case, then this means the following:
    – He’s racist;
    – He really does not know what his overall plan is;
    – He’s schizophrenic;
    – He’s bigoted;
    – He’s homophobic and sexist;
    – He has no compassion whatsoever.
    – Scenario B: Everything he said during his campaign was just to get him elected:
    Therefore:
    – He’s a class A manipulator;
    – He’s really does not know what his overall plan is;
    – He has no compassion whatsoever;
    – He’s a liar and therefore not to be trusted;
    – He has no empathy or social skills, and therefore a sociopath;

Either way, it’s not good

What’s worse is C. ie no-one probably not even Trump knows entirely what was/is BS, what is a plan and what isn’t/wasn’t. The personality disorders are a given, they are there for all to see and hear, if not identify.

A+B = C-word.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Whilst Trump’s election as US president is clearly very bad news for all those who support peace and justice in Palestine there are already signs that it has began to reduce the influence and authority of the United States on global matters.

Major powers to warn Trump over Middle East peace at Paris meeting

The people of the United States have elected a new President, not the new leader of the world.

slowoldman

What he is is already clear to everyone, but he was elected in spite of that.

Or because of that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because of that. It made him different to all the other candidates, a substantial chunk of the US electorate wanted ‘different’. The Obama legacy no longer represented change which they could believe in.

EDIT : I’m not saying that the American people wanted a racist as a president, I’m saying they wanted someone who tore up the rulebook concerning what makes the perfect politician. They had tried smooth slick carefully crafted career politicians that said all the right things and were left hugely unimpressed.

I doubt they thought for certain that Trump was the right person for the job but they were left so disillusioned by career politicians that they thought it was worth taking a risk with something completely different. Trump is something completely different.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would be interested to see stats on what % of obama voters switched to Trump

My feeling is it quite a small % but i have not seen any figure

Northwind

kimbers – Member

After getting into a spat with a civil rights activist on MLK day things will be primed, protests marches planned on the day and counter marches by bikers.
    Only the cold weather can save it from kicking off now!

The John Lewis tweets are just… “all talk talk talk, no action”, the man was a bloody freedom rider. He was one of the organisers of the march on washington ffs.

At this point it’s no shock but that doesn’t mean it becomes OK.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Trump has received $90m in donations for his inauguration, a record. Obama had 10 inauguration balls, Trump is having 3. Excess is being donated to charity.

mikey74
    Free Member

Trump has received $90m in donations for his inauguration, a record. Obama had 10 inauguration balls, Trump is having 3. Excess is being donated to charity.

Probably because no one feels like celebrating the fact Trump is President (throws up a little, just thinking it).

GrahamS

Amusing amount of butthurt in the comments section of that Herald piece.

I thought it was the lefties that were meant to be the delicate snowflakes that took offence at everything. 😆

Enjoyed this too:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Gf0mGJfP8[/video]

BoardinBob

Wow.

The anti establishment billionaire guy has received $90 million from the establishment

Whodathunkit

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/14/trump-inaugural-committee-raises-record-90m-to-cover-steep-costs.html

mikey74
    Free Member

Who can blame them for not wanting to attend with entertainment like this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65jqrHQi_c[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

. Obama had 10 inauguration balls, Trump is having 3.

Does he have enough musicians to play 3?

akira

Musicians for two and he’s doing a mix tape for the third

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There will be a Bruce Springsteen tribute act at Trumps inauguration. How humiliating is that – to be so shunned by the entertainment business that you have to rely on a tribute act?

Northwind

The drummer from Crimson Glory is playing though, that makes up for it.

(the Garden State Gala isn’t actually part of the inauguration though. And the E Grade Band played it the last 2 times too)

Klunk
    Free Member

🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

ernie – how embarrasing for Bruce Springstein a massive Democrat supporter to have his music played at a Trump inauguration and be able to do nothing about it. Born in the USA ringing out as Trump becomes President. The TV image of the night ?

Trump quite rightly lighting a fire under NATO and the very long list of countries not pulling their weight. Also interesting how it takes Russian agression to get Europe to wake up and spend a bit more – 2016e

http://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2016_07/20160704_160704-pr2016-116.pdf

kimbers

yeah trumpers will only know the chorus anyway

but its painfully obvious to everyone that hes been snubbed by everyone,…. most of all to the snowflake in chief himself

Born down in a dead man’s town
    The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
    End up like a dog that’s been beat too much
    Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A., I was born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A., born in the U.S.A.

Got in a little hometown jam
    So they put a rifle in my hand
    Sent me off to a foreign land
    To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A., born in the U.S.A.

Come back home to the refinery
    Hiring man said “son if it was up to me”
    Went down to see my V.A. man
    He said “son, don’t you understand”

I had a brother at Khe Sahn
    Fighting off the Viet Cong
    They’re still there, he’s all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
    I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
    Out by the gas fires of the refinery
    I’m ten years burning down the road
    Nowhere to run ain’t got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A., I’m a long gone daddy in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A., born in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A., I’m a cool rocking daddy in the U.S.A.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

ernie – how embarrasing for Bruce Springstein a massive Democrat supporter to have his music played at a Trump inauguration and be able to do nothing about it
    Indeed, almost as embarrassing as having $90,000,000 to spend on a party and still can’t get any real celebrities to turn up, relying on fakes instead.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

oh wait, Trump relying on fakes, that rings a bell…

DrJ

Nice retort from German deputy chancellor on how to get Germans to buy American cars “build better cars” 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Trust me he is not remotely embarrassed. He’s going to be the President of the US and the world will be watching. What is there to be embarrassed about ?

Nice retort from German deputy chancellor on how to get Germans to buy American cars “build better cars”

Amusing indeed, however playing with fire given emissions scandal and NATO underspend, Germany agreed to increase from 1.2% to 2% but Trump could easily demand that’s done sooner. It’s a €30bn pa increase required. Trump could (and IMO will) screw the Germans over eurozone debt crises by getting a fabulous deal for the IMF in any bailout or simply having the IMf stay out completely.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, I bet he’s just weeing himself….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Be even more hilarious if The Boss slapped an injunction on the Tribute band.

kimbers

What is there to be embarrassed about ?

the fact that he’s billy-no-mates?

come on, can you really try and spin this into a positive?

hes so toxic he couldnt even get mariah carey and she sang for Angolas dictator and Mummar Gadaffi !

MrWoppit
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Trust me

Shouldn’t think so.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ he got $90m in donations, would suggest he has mates.

He is in a stand off with the MSM at the moment, apparantly he is refusing to give them their normal permament White House “West Wing” access. There will just be a large room (400 seat capacity) no preferential access and no permanent office space. As we saw in the last conference, no CNN question and one for Breitbart. Changing of the guard media wise.

gobuchul
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    ernie – how embarrasing for Bruce Springstein a massive Democrat supporter to have his music played at a Trump inauguration and be able to do nothing about it. Born in the USA ringing out as Trump becomes President.

A lot more embarrassing for Trump,

It’s probably the US equivalent of having a Billy Bragg tribute playing at the Tory Party Conference with no awareness of the what he is singing about.

kimbers

^^^ he got $90m in donations bribes

ftfy

There will just be a large room (400 seat capacity) no preferential access and no permanent office space. As we saw in the last conference, no CNN question and one for Breitbart. Changing of the guard media wise.

so hes only going to allow acces to media that reports what he tells them to

wonder where he got that idea from??

kelvin

no preferential access and no permanent office space

Steve Bannon has both.

GrahamS

Changing of the guard media wise.

Great… only allowing access to friendly media that don’t ask any awkward questions.

Why not just go the whole hog and go for state-controlled media?

Or is that something for his second term perhaps?

Pigface
    Free Member

Trust me

With your track record 😆

Crikey Jamba you are now cheer leading for press censorship, tragic man.

sobriety
    Free Member

Why not just go the whole hog and go for state-controlled media?

Because the media have worked out that’s it’s best for them if they do the controlling?

ratnips
    Free Member

^^^ he got $90m in donations, would suggest he has mates.

🙄 I’m not sure you understand how political donations work…

vinnyeh

^^^ he got $90m in donations, would suggest he has mates….

…As we saw in the last conference, no CNN question and one for Breitbart. Changing of the guard media wise.

Your problem, jambalaya, is the same as davidtaylforths- every now and again you overstep the line of believability, in this case by posting in support of this Wonderlandian situation, and you make it a little too obvious that you’re trolling.

GrahamS

I didn’t see jamba suggesting that he thought the media restrictions were a “good thing” – he just observed that they were happening.

jambalaya
    Free Member

With your track record

Crikey Jamba you are now cheer leading for press censorship, tragic man.

Track recodd is exactiy why you should is it not ? No smiley genuine question. I know you don’t like the outcomes but “my” side of tye argument keeps coming out ahead. On Trump I said early he wouldn’t win but a,so that once it was a 2 horse race he had as good a chance as Hilary.

Did I say I was in favour of press censorship ? I am the Hacked Off Campaigner round here. I was just point out there was a changing of the guard. Press are free to write what they like. Trump has no obligation to give preferential access to traditional media. His supporters would say they can listen to the man directly via Twitter.

EDIT: I see my post crossed with Graham.

I am not saying it’s a good thing, what I am saying is it’s probably not surprising. Fox has put a pro Trump anchor into it’s main news programme, guess who is going to get the interveiws ?

Viewing 40 posts - 3,841 through 3,880 (of 23,088 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.