• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 22,961 through 23,000 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • DickBarton

It plays into his supporters mind pefectly though – looking like he is sticking it to the Man…for sensible thinking people (or those that can think straight rather than incredibly skewed in 1 direction) they can all see it isn’t even slightly impressive, but his fans will be absolutely lapping this up as if he is standing up and really giving the fight.

nickc

Frankly if his lawyers can’t get him out of it, they’re a bit shit.

So I’m going to revise my view about Trump’s lawyers (and I suspect Trump’s going to as well) Reading the transcripts of yesterday’s proceedings when the defence first alleged that the prosecution had dumped thousands of pages of new material at the last minute (March 1st), and that it was so procedurally egregious that it risked the courts reputation…Which got the judges attention (as you’d imagine) and he asked Trump’s lawyer to be very careful and specific about his proof. He (the Judge) then revealed that while he’d wished he’d had more time…He’d reviewed the new material. At which point the penny dropped, and Trump’s lawyer had to admit that he’d not read any of it…went went as well as you’d expect.

They then had a back and forth about how many of the documents (there were thousands of pages) were actually relevant and it turns out that it was about 300. (oops)

Trump’s lawyer then tried to assert that the documents weren’t relevant as they were under the control of the FBI and US attorney and that New York state had violated its on rues about them being under their control. To which the judge pointed out that he reckoned Trump’s lawyer would have a hard time asserting that the FBI was under the control of New York State…So then the judge points out that Trump’s lawyer used to be a assistant district attorney in New York, and knew the rules, and what did he think he was doing bring all this time wasting nonsense to his court-room?

It really does seem like Trump (and his lawyers) are really just not prepared for the reality of the fact that there’s going to be a criminal case in 20 days that could end up with this judge (who they’ve already pissed off) sentencing him if Trump’s found guilty.

DickBarton

Hopefully the jury is reading all this kind of stuff and realising that whatever is said as defence is likely to need a massive pinch of salt with it.

I’m sure this has been said before but I reckon this is deliberate tactics on Trump’s part as he is still trying to control the game so his followers remain blindly devoted…but I also think the game they are playing is starting to get swamped by the real game and things should be getting very uncomfortable for him.

Still too early to call which way it is going to go though…

(Edit – aware the jury shouldn’t be reading this stuff as that would make them biased, but hopefully get what I mean)

frankconway

In other news…’God save the USA’ bibles now available – exclusively from Truth Social at $59.99.

Bargaintastic!

Billy Bob from Hicksville will definitely be reading that, reclining on the back porch, resplendent in his ‘gold’ hi-tops, chugging down some hydroxychloroquine.

Yessiree!

MoreCashThanDash

“Hopefully the jury is reading all this kind of stuff and realising that whatever is said as defence is likely to need a massive pinch of salt with it.”

The jury is supposed to make it’s decision based on what it hears in the court room, but I don’t know how you can avoid all this chaos outside.

DickBarton

Aye, just done an edit on my post saying similar…they aren’t meant to be aware of all this but it’ll be near impossible to avoid much of it – perhaps another tactic from Trump – make it impossible to get a jury who aren’t aware of all this…

thols2

Northwind

So like everyone else I was laughing about the bibles but allegedly, it’s more cynical than it looks- while yep sure some idiots will buy them as individuals, it gives officially non-political organisations, especially those super rich mega-churches, the ability to channel funds to trump as a faux commercial transaction and dodge all of the normal political donation restrictions. Oh no your honour I didn’t donate 100 million of my churchmember’s taxfree tithes to Donald Trump, that would be illegal, I simply bought 1.6 million bibles in a perfectly normal business transaction. Why no they haven’t been delivered yet but I’m sure they will be at some point.

maccruiskeen

So like everyone else I was laughing about the bibles but allegedly, it’s more cynical than it looks

And more sinister – on the FAQs page, in between ‘What is your return and refund policy?” and “does any of the money from this Bible go to the Trump Campaign?” is the pressing question “What if my bible has sticky pages?”

That would be ‘ecumenical matter’.

Poopscoop

Trump keeping it classy.

Donald Trump posts video of truck showing hog-tied Joe Biden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68698627

frankconway

This Thursday, 4 April, is deadline for trump putting up $175 million bond.

Will he or won’t he?

bigdaddy

Anyone else listened to the ‘Trumped’ podcast on iPlayer re the Scottish golf course fiasco? I’m 4 episodes in and it’s fascinating, as well as maddening! He was just the same complete arse back then…

frankconway

Once an arse and a lying, grifting bully…always an arse and a lying, grifting bully.

bigdaddy

Absolutely!!

white101

I watched the two films on YouTube last week, you’ve been trumped and you’ve been trumped too. Nothing really new about the guy, it just reinforces what we already know about him being a complete ****

the local people in the film who lived around the course area came across well, the government and police force in Scotland did not come across well at all.

shinton
    Free Member

DJT stock down 24% today. Company saying it may not be able to meet its liabilities.

makkag
    Free Member

Pump and dump

FB-ATB

the local people in the film who lived around the course area came across well, the government and police force in Scotland did not come across well at all.

Was it the Last Leg that followed Trump on one of his visits to Scotland with a tuba?

piemonster

Pump and dump

Dont google this.

matt_outandabout

Was it the Last Leg that followed Trump on one of his visits to Scotland with a tuba?

Juan Direction was the Mexican band who followed him around Scotland, making use of our access law to ensure he heard the same tune all day…

Jane Godley also welcomed him…

As did half of Glasgow – just look up Trump protest signs Scotland

Northwind

shinton
    Free Member

DJT stock down 24% today. Company saying it may not be able to meet its liabilities.

And not just that but it’s completely, permanently, mathematically ****ed. They made $4.1m in revenue last year and had $39m in interest repayments, and almost nothing of value to show for all that borrowing. Nobody really seems to be sure exactly how they managed to claim a profit previously, their reporting is inevitably shonky and it’s totally possible that this year’s “reduction” is actually just having to be more honest about the actual numbers with the listing, and not just reporting borrowing as earnings or inventing assets or some other financial shenanigans/outright fraud.

But of course the market cap has no connection at all to whether or not it’s a viable company. I mean, that’s true of so many social media companies even without the added insanity of Trump, the modern stock market is a dream within a dream.

funkmasterp

Jane Godley also welcomed him…

I have visions of her spending hours writing different witty or pithy slogans before settling on that. Sums him up perfectly.

MoreCashThanDash

Wasn’t expecting him to pay up early

Daffy

And not just that but it’s completely, permanently, mathematically ****ed. They made $4.1m in revenue last year and had $39m in interest repayments, and almost nothing of value to show for all that borrowing.

reddit has similar percentages at higher values,

but in the case of DJT, it doesn’t matter – it’s a meme stock.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

the local people in the film who lived around the course area came across well, the government and police force in Scotland did not come across well at all

Yeah, I was disgusted at how the police had been reduced to upholding fascism instead of protecting the public.

nickc

Compare and contrast, Joe Biden’s Easter message

Biden Easter

And Trump’s

Trump Easter

Yep, all perfectly normal, nothing to see here.

DickBarton

I don’t use Twitter but why is Biden’s tick blue and Trump’s red? What does the tick signify?

nickc

Biden’s is Twitter/X, Trump is on Truth Social. Trump doesn’t use Twitter any more*.

* Which was so obviously why Musk bought it in the first place, and Musk would have what he thought would be a direct link to the next Pres. That Trump refused makes Musk’s daft purchase of it even funnier.

DickBarton

Ah, hahaha, hadn’t spotted they weren’t both Twitter…

martinhutch

But of course the market cap has no connection at all to whether or not it’s a viable company. I mean, that’s true of so many social media companies even without the added insanity of Trump, the modern stock market is a dream within a dream.

I’ve never understood how it is legal to give that kind of valuation to a business with basically no revenue or possibility of future profitability. It’s just either a fraud perpetrated on gullible supporter-investors, or a means to launder vast sums directly to Trump from foreign entities.

thols2

I’ve never understood how it is legal to give that kind of valuation to a business with basically no revenue or possibility of future profitability.

The stock price is whatever people are willing to pay. It’s a meme stock so the stock value isn’t based on fundamentals, it’s just propped up by Trump supporters with more money than sense.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Trial starts in 2 weeks 🥳

davy-g
    Free Member
    frankconway

Not a new gag; it’s an extension of the existing.

Still, good news; the sooner the bollocks about gag orders restricting his first amendment rights is nailed to the floor, the better.

Any other defendant behaving as trump has/does would be heading to Riker’s Island for a few days – mr trump, next time you come to court please bring a toothbrush with you…

funkmasterp

How can he not use sentences FFS.

He is living, breathing, straw topped proof that the law applies differently depending on who you are and what your bank balance (perceived or otherwise) is. There is no chance of him ever spending time in prison. Let alone a proper one. Worst case scenario, he’s the next President. Very best case, he ends up at one of those resort prisons for white collar criminals.

temudgin

IMG_3728

maccruiskeen

Wasn’t expecting him to pay up early

Interesting source for the funds

Hankey is best known as the “king of subprime auto loans” through his Westlake Financial Services that specializes in high-interest car loans for consumers with weaker credit scores, typically below 600, or have bankruptcies or repossessions on their histories.

Some financial analysts have warned that subprime auto loans is an area primed for trouble as consumers find it harder to make repayments. Westlake has previously faced fines from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for deceptive collection tactics.

Very much on-brand for Trump 🙂

frankconway

Hankey has financed trump previously.

He’s described as a ‘…numbers man’ so am sure that he has minimised his risk and doubt this deal will be on preferential terms for trump.

CountZero

He was just the same complete arse back then…

He was, so I’ve read, a horrid, snivelling little bully as a small child, who used to throw stones at the little toddler next door. And have no fear of retribution because of who his family is.

I’m not entirely sure if this is the right place for this, but it’s directly related to the insanity that is American Republicanism these days, and a clear indication where a point of total collapse might lie. This is almost impossible to believe, but read the following article and despair…  🤡 🤯🤬

https://jalopnik.com/chemtrail-bans-introduced-in-7-states-now-that-republic-1851381331

Viewing 40 posts - 22,961 through 23,000 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.