Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

He couldn’t do anything because he’s a Democrat.

ninfan
    Free Member

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/the-woman-is-a-disaster-camille-paglia-on-hillary-clinton/

And for those who haven’t seen it – Micheal Moore’s deconstruction of Trumps chances

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEHekdQSiXg[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Michelle Obama gives a speech and everyone loves it, it’s fantastic, they think she’s absolutely great. My wife Melania gives the exact same speech and people get on her case and I don’t get it.

…the thing is, it was delivered in that same deadpan way he comes out with all the other mad stuff – you’re expecting one of the normal mad tirades. Which leaves me wondering, is it all just an act?

Thought the same thing Aracer and wanted to conclude that it was an act but sadly decided it wasn’t. The guy really is a narcissist and deluded.

Two awful candidates. The bad one will win, the catastrophic one will lose. The US will celebrate its first les female president and the DC machine will carry on running the US badly. Sadly the awful two familty abuse of US politics will continue

fasthaggis

Thanks for posting that link martin,a very interesting read.

schnor
    Free Member

F.B.I. officials spent weeks examining computer data showing an odd stream of activity to a Trump Organization server and Alfa Bank. Computer logs obtained by The New York Times show that two servers at Alfa Bank sent more than 2,700 “look-up” messages — a first step for one system’s computers to talk to another — to a Trump-connected server beginning in the spring. But the F.B.I. ultimately concluded that there could be an innocuous explanation, like a marketing email or spam, for the computer contacts.

Sauce = Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia

I suppose someone will find a way to blame Russia for Anthony Weiner (allegedly) sending photos of his junk to a 15 year old kid, and his then wife Huma Abedin (Chairwoman of the Clinton 4 Prez effort) using their laptop – which was seized by the FBI investigating the photos – to store 650,000 emails, of which “Thousands may be tied to Clinton’s server.” (WSJ tweet, can’t link to for some reason). Cocktober surprise indeed.

Or that it’s Russia’s fault that Podesta lost his phone in the back of a cab last year (then emailing him on the *same* account resetting his password to p@ssw0rd). He then fell victim to a phishing attach from Ukraine.

I’ve got no dog, um, horse in this race however 😛

crazy-legs

The Radio 4 comedy show, The Unbelievable Truth had a short piece on Donald Trump last night and it was genuinely scary just how awful he really is – they mentioned his numerous failed business holdings and the rather entertaining fact that he also won a Worst Supporting Actor award for a cameo role as himself. Which is quite an acheivement if you think about it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b080t0pc

First 10 minutes of the programme.

kimbers

Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia

you do know that it was lifelong Republican Comey who blocked that investigation….

schnor
    Free Member

Blocked? Not according to the NYT article I posted: –

“The F.B.I.’s inquiries into Russia’s possible role continue” (5th para)

So are the NYT wrong? What’s your source?

schnor
    Free Member

So its an article based entirely on quotes from one unnamed source. OK.

“Source:”, “The official said”, “According to the official”, “a former bureau official claims”.

In other words; an unnamed person, who apparently used to work in ‘the bureau’, presents as a proven fact the extreme claim that the FBI Director is essentially a stooge of the Russian government.

But of course claims from anonymous sources are almost always true, and as the election approaches, their reliability actually increases. We’re at the point where so many people will believe literally anything, from any ‘source’, if it’s helpful to believe.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; that no-one has actually come forward with evidence (yet) or anything beyond “but my mate down the pub says…”, forgive me for not believing a word written in that article.

kimbers

presents as a proven fact the extreme claim that the FBI Director is essentially a stooge of the Russian government

bobbins! where in the article does it say that? a stooge of the trump campaign, maybe

Comey refused to disclose whether the FBI were even investigating Trumps links with Russia a month ago

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/28/fbi-director-mum-probe-trump-russia-connection/

schnor
    Free Member

where in the article does it say that?

Umm, the title? “FBI’s Comey opposed naming Russians” in a weak attempt to link Comeys’ decision to Russia. Hence the word “Russians”.

The article mentions Russia five times, so I think it’s about Russia. If the article is about Comey favouring Trump in some way (if so why did you post the link? I wasn’t even talking about that), they’d actually say something about Trump. Which it only does once in the last paragraph.

Comey refused to disclose whether the FBI were even investigating Trumps links with Russia a month ago

No. The very first sentence states: –

Comey would not confirm whether the bureau is investigating any [links]

Or do you think a ‘refusal to disclose’ means the same as a ‘would not confirm’? And even if he did ‘refuse to disclose’ the investigation a month ago, it’s a non-story as the investigation has now been disclosed.

Anyway, I have no idea if Comey (and / or his decisions) and Trump are in any way connected; my brief foray on this thread was in relation to a slightly different issue

*wanders off confused*

jambalaya
    Free Member

From that post above it sounds like a Russian Bank computer was trying to hack Trump. No ? 2700 attempts to login / establish contact ?

ninfan
    Free Member

a stooge of the trump campaign,

I take it that he was also a Trump stooge when he publically announced no criminal charges would be brought against Clinton a few months ago, and all her supporters were shouting his praises over a job well done?

GrahamS

(via God on FB)

wilburt
    Free Member

Trump defo now.

Perhaps not a bad thing in the long run, he’s a **** lunatic but the others are just hiding it better IMO.

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    From that post above it sounds like a Russian Bank computer was trying to hack Trump. No ? 2700 attempts to login / establish contact ?

Bless

Earlier this month, the group of computer scientists passed the logs to Paul Vixie. In the world of DNS experts, there’s no higher authority. Vixie wrote central strands of the DNS code that makes the internet work. After studying the logs, he concluded, “The parties were communicating in a secretive fashion. The operative word is secretive. This is more akin to what criminal syndicates do if they are putting together a project.” Put differently, the logs suggested that Trump and Alfa had configured something like a digital hotline connecting the two entities, shutting out the rest of the world, and designed to obscure its own existence.

(From Kimbers link)

tjagain
    tjagain

One poll and the key thing is the battleground states and the electoral college. trump is miles behind on these two counts hence that site I posted showing 70+% chance of clinton winning. it was 80+% a couple of weeks ago so he has closed the gap a bit.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“key thing is the battleground states and the electoral college.”

This.

The media want it to seem close so people keep watching.

The reality is Clinton’s miles ahead.

Yeah, upsets happen,but let’s keep a lid on the hysteria.

HughStew

I have a horrible feeling that Trump may win. His key demographic is one that normally has a very low turnout, and is consequently given a very low weighting in psephological models.

The US has a significant number of people who have lost hope and in consequence will vote for anyone who is seen to be sticking two fingers up to the political establishment, no matter how odious and mendacious.

wilburt
    Free Member

Its not just one poll, ABC and the Washington Post (arguably best US media) have him ahead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-trump-tied-democratic-enthusiasm-dips/story?id=43199459

jambalaya
    Free Member

Democrats have a headstart due to electoral college system and locations where they are strong. That is balanced by the high probability of large numbers of very shy Trump voters reluctant to tell polsters how they will be voting.

I think it could be a Trump win, unlikely but not 29/71 % as TJ’s link suggests

The US has a significant number of people who have lost hope and in consequence will vote for anyone who is seen to be sticking two fingers up to the political establishment, no matter how odious and mendacious.

Trump looks like that to us but not them. He’s a successful businessman and TV personality who they are used to seeing being smart and “in charge” on The Apprentice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He’s a successful businessman and TV personality who they are used to seeing being smart and “in charge” on The Apprentice.

He got a shed load of family cash lost it screwed over investors, rode the system screwing more over sailed very close to the q got bailed out with more family money and still refused to declare his taxes.
    In reality he’s one of those businesses that you wouldn’t want to do business with.
    The Russian link is very worrying especially the communication with the new server that would only be possible if the address was provided to the Russian bank.

Have you read the project 538 methodology? It’s a analysis of all the polls run through a mathematical model. His chances of about 25% sound right given the states and demographics he has alienated so far.

the high probability of large numbers of very shy Trump voters reluctant to tell polsters how they will be voting.

Id go more with ashamed than shy.

duckman

Wise words from Salman Rushdie

So, to recap. Trump will go on trial in November accused of racketeering, and again in December accused of child rape. He is a sexual predator, hasn’t released his tax returns, and has used his foundation’s money to pay his legal fees. He has abused the family of a war hero and… oh, but let’s talk about some emails Hillary didn’t send from someone else’s computer, that weren’t a crime anyway, because that’s how to choose a president. Come on, America. Focus.

kimbers

Sadly just like Brexit, Trumps campaign has stirred up more division and hatred

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_581a14d7e4b08f9841ac975a

reggiegasket
    Free Member

mmmm Daphne….

kimbers

sorry should have linked to this article

Sadly just like Brexit, Trumps campaign has stirred up more division and hatred
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mississippi-church-burned-vandalized-trump_us_5819ef95e4b01f610e393372

kimbers

Chabuddy G (aka the mayor of hounslow) does Trump

[video]https://youtu.be/IDRgdMWenwc[/video]

grahamh
    Free Member
    martinhutch

And his Vietnam was avoiding STDs, apparently.

“It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

From one of his little chats with Howard Stern.

I wonder what he thought when he saw this?

– maybe that he’d be dating her in 10 years.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The man has no shame

worse he has no judgement

Making money is nothing like serving your country in the military and risking your life
    no one can think that as his is just self interest which is clearly his defining characteristic

aracer
    Free Member

I’d like think he’s just alienated voters by saying that, but sadly it seems those people voting for him just ignore stuff like this.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is amazing he can say anythign from I dont pay tax, I grope and assault women and I will lock up the challenger and ignore the result if i lose and they just cheer him on

he is so unfit for office and it defies belief folk will want to put a tick next to his name on any ballot unless its an eviction vote on reality tv– though he is mighty entertaining but only if he has no actual power

surfer
    Free Member

As usual Sam Harris gives an interesting perspective.

The lesser of two evils

seosamh77
    Free Member

Anybody kinda want Trump to win, just for a laugh? 😆

fifeandy
    Free Member

With the big swings in the polls over the last couple of days, i’m actually thinking he is going to win.

Anybody kinda want Trump to win, just for a laugh?

Almost, but a man like that running the worlds most powerful country isn’t really all that funny.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.