Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 23,185 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • maccruiskeen

I’m sure it’s wrong that Trump performs better in the SNL skits than he does in real life.

His biggest crime will be that he murdered satire 🙂

With all his dummy throwing about alleged rigging of the election and him not accepting the result – did his allegations of vote rigging come before or after he encouraged his supporters to go out and vote for him on the 28th of November? 😀

Klunk
    Free Member
    mrlebowski
    Free Member

You couldn’t **** make it up!

tjagain

terrifying

shermer75
    Free Member

it’s only fair if I win.

It looks like he is joking. He is joking, right?

akira

I’m not even sure he knows anymore. I could see him complaining about voter fraud even if he won.

Northwind

It does prove a point, mind- no matter how biased news outlets may be, right wingers will always believe they’re the victims of a Libral Meeja KKKonspiracy. Now Fox News is part of it. Fox News! Glen Beck is part of it. Alex Jones is probably part of it. Bad!

Also,

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Not a supporter.. But l think he’ll win

ninfan
    Free Member

it’s only fair if I win.

See, he did learn something from his dealings with Salmond…

jambalaya
    Free Member

There now even a poll putting Trump ahead 😯

It’s a nightmare really, appalling candidates. The least two popular ever.

enfht
    Free Member

The worst outcome would be if Trump gifts the US presidency to someone as dodgy as HC. The FBI’s investigation into HC should have prevented this entire situation but it’s findings were complete BS and stink.

tjagain

Odd piece from Jim Wright – I read what the questions were going to be in the new york times a day before the debate

Enfit – you really believe that after all the investigations into the Clintons there is still crime that was not exposed? Or actually the conclusions are correct – murky goings on but no criminality?

What info do you have that the FBI etc don’t?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There now even a poll putting Trump ahead

I assume a link is too much to ask… National, state or just one of men likely to vote for Trump?

The FBI’s investigation into HC should have prevented this entire situation but it’s findings were complete BS and stink.

Didn’t we find out that Bush had done similar? It’s almost as if people can only find one thing and have to keep shouting about it, if the polls carry and the republicans have screwed themselves over the handling of Trump a democrat white house and government pushing through good policies like the rest of the world has would be a great punishment.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Loved Varoufakis’ reply on QT on T v C

aracer
    Free Member

The LA Times one? http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/

I posted that yesterday having noticed it gave a different result to all the others, but never posted the follow up I had planned (was hoping somebody might bite)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some of my current favourites

Sleeping Beauty? The Prince just started kissing her. Didn’t even ask. When you’re a prince they let you do it.#TrumpBookReport

Oedipus. Tremendous leader. The best. I’ve always said that if Jocasta were my mother, perhaps I’d be dating her. #TrumpBookReport

7 days to create the world? Low energy. SAD! I’ll do it in 3 days. And Satan will pay for it. And it’ll be tremendous! #TrumpBookReport

“Juliet. Such a nasty woman. She made Romeo kill himself. And believe me he could have done better. Look at her,”

aracer
    Free Member

Let me tell you about Les Miserables. He was a good man. Great man. Les. Such a man. He became miserable thx to Hillary. #TrumpBookReport

NOBODY, I mean NOBODY, has more pride than me. And NOBODY has more prejudice. I have so much pride. And so much prejudice. #TrumpBookReport

Little Women. I love women. Especially beautiful ones. Not nasty women. #TrumpBookReport

Where’s Wally? I know where Wally is. I’m the best at finding Wally. People claim I don’t know where Wally is. Sad. #TrumpBookReport

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aracer and @mike Rasmussen (?) saw it in the Indy. Sorry aracer didn’t see your link

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-poll-hillary-clinton-us-presidential-election-2016-latest-a7372006.html

I am very sceptical on Polls and the very real prospect of extremely shy Trump-sters worries me that Clinton “lead” is significantly overstated

leffeboy

There is a piece in realclearpolitics about why you can’t just ignore the latimes poll although they aren’t convinced by it either http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/10/14/why_pay_attention_to_the_la_times_poll.html

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Would be an achievement if the electorate all spoiled their voting slips!

A cock and balls on all ballot papers 8)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#scenarios
    One poll Ja,by, and as the 538 stuff informs the popular vote is very different to how the elction will play out
    The senate vote is probably the most changed in the last few weeks
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/?ex_cid=2016-senate-forecast
    (Note this is a collation of a very large number of polls and a lot of probability forecasting on the margin of error to deliver a likely outcome – being in my field this stacks up best among methods as it should both consider and evaluate the off centre polls ( like the LA one) and the mainstream coming up with a decent evaliation.

I’ve been watching it and the senate is the one that has shown the biggest change, if I were to try my hand at politcal analysis it’s likely that the way the Rep’s have been unable to handle their number 1 man has hit them in the polls, stuff like the having to wait until sexual abuse confessions/allergations turn up to distance themselves (and those that didn’t) and more (like Trump and Pence not having the same line on Syria I think) and his positions that don’t sit well with tradional Rep supporters and swing voters has left them in trouble. Also due to the Trumpocplyse she has been able to divert a lot of funding to candidate funds boosting the advertising and presence of more marginals (they are going after Mcains seat)

As with any election there are also those that feel scared/ashamed/secretive about who they vote for. One of the Scottish thoughts was it was easier to pretend to support independance than argue it – possibly going some way to explaining why opion/election results didn’t match public feel.
    For Brexit I think in many ways there was a little complacancy among remain, the turnout may have been high but was it higher due to a big leave turnout and a lower showing from remain? In tight elections turnout counts which seems to be why Hillary is appealing to all to get out and make sure.

Anyway back to the original point, where is the Trump path to victory in the electoral collage system?

leffeboy

For anyone who didn’t catch the dinner they were at last night (which would be all of us I guess) there were some classic one liners:

“But even Smith couldn’t help himself when commenting on a race that with each passing day has never ceased to shock the public.
    “Donald went up to Hillary and asked her how she was doing,” Smith joked.
    “Hillary replied: ‘I’m fine. Now get out of the ladies’ dressing room.’””

“Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four,” Clinton said, “maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/21/trump-booed-for-calling-clinton-corrupt-as-bipartisan-dinner-turns-sour

aracer
    Free Member

This is the first time that Hillary is sitting down and speaking to major corporate donors and not getting paid for it,

I’m no fan of Trump, but tough crowd if they’re giving him a hard time for that

aracer
    Free Member

…ah, have seen some of the coverage now, and the audience all laughed at that one – and also this one which got an even better reception:

Michelle Obama gives a speech and everyone loves it, it’s fantastic, they think she’s absolutely great. My wife Melania gives the exact same speech and people get on her case and I don’t get it.

…the thing is, it was delivered in that same deadpan way he comes out with all the other mad stuff – you’re expecting one of the normal mad tirades. Which leaves me wondering, is it all just an act?

Though this is the bloke sitting just behind him when he says “Hillary is so corrupt…”

kimbers

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQWXHMtiQPM[/video]

Nipper99
    Free Member

Obama reads more mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

When Donald J. Trump tweeted that Barack Obama is the worst president in the history of the United States – he probably didn't expect Obama to read it out on live television.

Posted by The Guardian on Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Can we give this man a job when the US has finished with him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/dAb5ODpWl0M[/video]
    And if anyone missed it…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

An interesting update on the most hated candidate thing too…
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-voters-arent-just-voting-against-trump/?ex_cid=2016-forecast
    Some good numbers in there, needs a bigger sample obviously but…

voters will have to choose a “lesser of two evils” in this election. That cliché is based on how high Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump’s unfavorable ratings are compared to previous candidates. But favorable ratings don’t always tell us everything, and there are strong signs that voters don’t consider Clinton to be less tolerable than past candidates. (Trump on the other hand….)

A simpler method for determining positive or negative support is to ask people whether their vote is affirmatively for one candidate or in protest against the other. The latest ABC News survey reveals that, in fact, Clinton’s voters feel about as positively about their candidate as any candidate’s supporters have felt about their own preferred candidate since 1980. Trump voters are less enthusiastic about him: Since 1980, no group of supporters have been less affirmative in their support for their candidate.

Right now, 56 percent of Clinton voters say they are mainly for her compared to just 42 percent of the same voters who say they are voting against Trump. This 56 percent is the highest it’s been all year in the ABC News poll, and it’s been steadily climbing for Clinton since July. In the same survey, only 41 percent of Trump supporters say they are voting for him, while 54 percent say they are mostly voting against Clinton. Those numbers are about the same as they’ve been all year.

That 56 percent of Clinton’s voters are affirmatively supporting her may not seem like a lot, but it’s about average for a presidential candidate.

Obama being the clear exception there

The most interesting thing about these numbers is how few of Trump’s supporters are his fans. No candidate since 1980 has had a lower percentage of voters say they plan to cast a vote for their candidate. That includes candidates whose campaigns were viewed as disastrous, including Jimmy Carter in 1980, Michael Dukakis in 1988 and Bob Dole in 1996. (The Republican party basically gave up on Dole in the final month of the 1996 election.)

Lies damm lies and statistics or a bit more of an insight?

Spin
    Free Member

Just heard Tony Schwartz being interviewed by Eddie Mair on R4. Be afraid be very afraid.

shermer75
    Free Member

Why?

Spin
    Free Member

Why?

It’ll be on the iPlayer. To cut a long story short, man who had close, privileged access to Trump brands him as worse than 3 year old with behavioural issues. He was genuinely afraid that Trump would use high office to settle personal scores. Schwartz’s testimony was very restrained and well considered which made it even scarier.

shermer75
    Free Member

That was the impression i got from the article too. Scary times! It really feels like while the good burghers have been napping the idiots have snuck in and grabbed the reigns of power!

ninfan
    Free Member
    JohnnyPanic

Everyone should listen to Tony Schwartz interview on tonight’s R4 PM programm.

He was very eloquent and compelling, and he finished by saying that he had made plans, should Donald win, to move himself and his family to Europe, as he was convinced Donald would use presidential power to do him harm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07zxh28

Second half of the programm.

kimbers

What’s the betting the n-word tapes of Trump on the apprentice will now be revealed to deflect from the counting email saga.

Spin
    Free Member

Everyone should listen to Tony Schwartz

One of the things he said when asked if Trump could win was that we shouldn’t rule out something coming out about Clinton.

Spin
    Free Member

Remember when Obama complained that he couldn’t change anything despite being president? Remember how we sympathised with him and said how disappointing that was? If Trump gets in that limit on presidential power is looking much more positive.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 23,185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.