Viewing 40 posts - 4,521 through 4,560 (of 23,165 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • corroded
    Free Member

Trump digs coal because the misogynist muppet has invested in coal. Unlike the Chinese who have invested in sustainable energy. Hmm, I wonder what history will record as the savvy decision…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Trump digs coal because the misogynist muppet has invested in coal.

He’s a proper alpha male, eh?…….only a misogynist muppet would invest in coal.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

only a misogynist muppet would invest in coal

What about missing the point as to why diversting from coal is a good idea for more people than the miners.

A snippet of a conversation from a political leader elsewhere when asked about the most annoying questions asked/wanting to give an honest answer.
    When moving an area out of an industry that has done harm but delivered cash people go with the my father was ____, I’m a ______ whats my kids going to do.
    The answer she really wanted to give is anything the wanted to without being tied down by the old jobs for all my family forever thing that traps people by determining by the time they get to school they will be doing this when they leave.
    Digging and burning coal as a job creation scheme is backwards, harmful and will put the USA behind in the economies of the future. It’s interesting to see the balance of Tesla on one side and Coal/How we always did it on the other.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

After the shit I get from you Ernie for not utterly loathing Israel, you support Trump and the prosperity of workers – only if they are white though. No alleigiance to the internatiknal workinv class, hey?

I have a sneaking feeling that you’re actually a classic garden variety skinhead.

chewkw
    Free Member

corroded – Member
    Trump digs coal because the misogynist muppet has invested in coal. Unlike the Chinese who have invested in sustainable energy. Hmm, I wonder what history will record as the savvy decision…

You want to breath the air in China? 😆

Sustainable? Clean energy?

Do you know where their smog comes from? 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

I agree. FFS, Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize on day 4. Premature? I think so. You can’t judge these things so early.

He got it after 10 months. Still too early but not 4 days

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He got it after 10 months. Still too early but not 4 days

#alternatefact

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This thread really has descended to the level of the EU thread.

gobuchul
    Free Member

who in their right mind wants to be a miner?

Who in their right mind wants to work on an offshore wind farm?

Unlike the Chinese who have invested in sustainable energy.

😀 😀 😀

They are the Worlds largest coal producer.

IHS Markit attributes the drop to a temporary slowdown in economic growth, and expects the decline in Chinese coal consumption to bottom out by 2018, then rise again before peaking in the mid-2020

They will only start using alternative energy sources once their coal starts to run out.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I read today that Nincompoop is making January 20th in the USA “National Day of Patriotic Devotion” in celebration of his inauguration and that he announced that the rain pausing for his speech was an act of god.

Hold on. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.

jimjam
    Free Member

ernie_lynch

Descended? It’s just this….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcyqp_10Yk[/video]

but through the medium of a forum thread.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good posts from North wind and mikewsmith.

GrahamS

Again with the name-calling?

I thought we were having a fairly interesting discussion about whether Trump’s moves to bring FoxConn jobs to the US would be effective or not and whether they will bring in jobs that people actually want.

(Not entirely sure why you diverted that onto coal ernie, not sure I see the link, but there is certainly an interesting debate to be had their too)

akira

If foxconn do build a new factory then surely it’ll be automated as much as possible, they’re unlikely to build one from scratch and then bring robots in afterwards.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t forget to pick up your participants medal on the way out. 8)

GrahamS

If foxconn do build a new factory then surely it’ll be automated as much as possible, they’re unlikely to build one from scratch and then bring robots in afterwards.

A (typically vague) answer to that might be found in Trump’s interview:

FRIEDMAN: Are you worried, though, that those companies will keep their factories here, but the jobs will be replaced by robots?

TRUMP: They will, and we’ll make the robots, too. [laughter]

TRUMP: It’s a big thing, we’ll make the robots, too. Right now we don’t make the robots. We don’t make anything. But we’re going to. I mean, look, robotics is becoming very big and we’re going to do that. We’re going to have more factories. We can’t lose 70,000 factories. Just can’t do it. We’re going to start making things.

Thing is though, FoxConn already make robots and they are very good at it. 10,000 a year in a pleasing green:

FoxConn have stated their goal is 30 per cent automation at its Chinese factories by 2020 and boast they have already automated away 60,000 jobs at one factory.

akira

This is why this thread keeps on degenerating, you try and make a reasonable point and then someone quotes what trump said about that topic and you realise reason and logic have no home here.

GrahamS

This is why this thread keeps on degenerating, you try and make a reasonable point and then someone quotes what trump said about that topic and you realise reason and logic have no home here.

You might want to read again: I was agreeing with you akira. 🙂

Just because I quote what Trump said in an attempt to clarify his position doesn’t mean that I agree with it.

Jamie
    Free Member

You might want to read again: I was agreeing with you akira.

Just because I quote what Trump said in an attempt to clarify his position doesn’t mean that I agree with it.

I think you need to read Akira’s post again, as he is agreeing with you also 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

on the Foxcon factory stuff this is actually the real issue for the politicians of the world. We don’t need heaps of manual labour, bringing back some car jobs to the US might help but in 10 years there will be less people working in there. It’s actually one of the biggest questions and it comes back to things like basic incomes and what people expect from life. It comes down to education and training and lifting people up from the jobs that will be gone. Unfortunately for the US lowering taxes and more will mean less to spend on things like Education which will just increase the rich/poor divide as birth will seal your fate. Then it won’t matter how many cars are made which side of a border.

oldnpastit

Foxconn, the Taiwanese contract manufacturing company best known for its partnership with Apple, has said that it is mulling a $7 billion investment in US manufacturing that could create between 30,000 and 50,000 jobs.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2017/01/apple-manufacturer-foxconn-considers-7-billion-screen-factory-in-us/

And meanwhile, on the coal thing:

China’s energy regulator has ordered 11 provinces to stop more than 100 coal-fired power projects, with a combined installed capacity of more than 100 gigawatts,

http://in.reuters.com/article/china-coal-idINKBN1511A2

mikewsmith
    Free Member

glad I clicked the link

Foxconn wants “bargain rates” on land and power before it makes US investments

Foxconn Chairman Terry Gou says the company is talking with the state of Pennsylvania among others about getting the land and electricity subsidies it would need to build a factory.

“If US state governments are willing to provide these terms, and we calculate and it is cheaper than shipping from China or Japan, then why wouldn’t Sharp build a factory in the US?” said Gou.

A little different from the snippet you posted

gobuchul
    Free Member

China’s energy regulator has ordered 11 provinces to stop more than 100 coal-fired power projects, with a combined installed capacity of more than 100 gigawatts,

That’s because their pollution levels are off the scale. The air in parts of China is absolutely toxic.

100 GW is only about 10% of their coal fired power stations.

Why are people trying to hold up China as an example to the West?

GrahamS

I think you need to read Akira’s post again, as he is agreeing with you also

Wait so am I agreeing with you too? Clearly I need more coffee. 😆

on the Foxcon factory stuff this is actually the real issue for the politicians of the world.

Yeah I think that a lot of employment issues that have been blamed on “globalisation” lately are as much to do with a general shift away from manual factory labour as the cost of automation continues to drop.

kimbers

Why are people trying to hold up China as an example to the West?

well they are a great example of why you dont wanna be burning more coal…

Jamie
    Free Member

Wait so am I agreeing with you too? Clearly I need more coffee.

Oh, no, I am disagreeing with everyone 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The usual China thing is
    a) No point in doing anything while China does nothing
    b) Stealing all the jobs to sell us products that we refuse to pay more for

akira

I’m agreeing with nearly everyone on this thread, bat crazy exceptions obviously.

GrahamS

Some comic relief:

[video]https://youtu.be/j-xxis7hDOE[/video]

slowoldman

And don’t forget the coal mines – who in their right mind wants to be a miner?

Miners do.

molgrips
    Free Member

And don’t forget the coal mines – who in their right mind wants to be a miner?

Very interesting point this. Mining is shit, and most miners would agree. But what they value is a sense of self, vlalue, and community brought from all working together and struggling together.

What if there were a way to bring a whole community forward into the new world without making them dig pollution out of the ground all day and night? What if there were a better way than just removing their business justification?

This was what Maggie didn’t get – or care about.

zippykona

Should we skip the middle man and go straight to sucking putin’s dick?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

well they are a great example of why you dont wanna be burning more coal

You know that many developing or just developed countries had to rely on coal for cost reasons right?

Maybe if the west was willing to put its miney where its mouth was and subsidise the greening of the products it wants to buy for cheap, then they might have changed fuel source earlier.

kimbers

wondered why Spicer was so cagey on questions about how many people trump brought in!

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-cia-speech

does he not realise that alienating the intelligence agencies does him no favours?

zippykona

Trip to Dallas for Mr Trump?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Isn’t most US mining open cast ? Less sh.t way of making a living than underground. Mining is very important economically to certain regions in the US and of course from a compeitve standpoint China uses huge amounts fo coal to generate cheap electricity. Complex and difficult issue.

slowoldman

Complex and difficult issue.

It is indeed. Especially given the anti-nuclear lobby. We need something to provide adequate base load.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Might be a clue here why he surrounds himself with old white men and has no compunction about making things difficult for unwittingly pregnant women…

My wife is a thing to me

GrahamS

My wife is a thing to me

Apologies for FB video but this expresses it well:

There are TWO TYPES of men in the world

See the difference?Video by Occupy Democrats, LIKE our page for more!

Posted by Occupy Democrats on Friday, January 20, 2017

BoardinBob

He must have, at some point in time, got some “side chick” pregnant and forced her to get an abortion. That had to have happened.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,521 through 4,560 (of 23,165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM