Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does this frame exist, help me shop :-)
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I’m after a new 29er hardtail and would like some help please. I’m looking for an XL size and the ideal must haves are;

• a high stack of at least 640mm upwards.
    • internal dropper post routing for 30.9 ideally
    • rear clearance for 2.35″ tyres
    • suited to 100/120mm forks
    • cost under £500

I’ve been looking at the Orange Clockwork but so far I’ve been unable to confirm the tyre clearance. I’m also considering the Whyte 529/629 but unsure of dropper routing capability. I will consider a full bike and then sell on the parts I’ve stripped off. Happy to consider alu or steel. What else would you suggest I consider?

Thanks 🙂

Bez

I think this broadly ticks the boxes. You’ll want a 5mm headset spacer to ring the 640mm stack bell, but you should be able to afford one with the change from £500.

https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-ramin-2-2016-mountain-bike-frame-EV271759

teadrinker
    Free Member

Cheers Bez, that pretty much does but I don’t think it takes an the internal dropper and looking back at my post I have no idea why I typed ideally when I should have typed must!

Thanks again

Bez

Oh, I missed the “internal” bit anyway 🙂

ads678

At £150 i’d be looking at shimming and drilling if you already own the dropper post!!

teadrinker
    Free Member

That’s a thought I could go down that route.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks

renton
    Free Member

The Whytes you mention do take stealth dropper routing.

Why an xl. Are you very tall. The ett on my large 529 is something like 655mm.

Poopscoop

That Ramin frame is a good find at that price.

teadrinker
    Free Member

It is a good price isn’t it. I need to try one for size, the last one i tried was crazy small for me.

That’s good to know Renton, I’m 6ft 4 but more body than legs, I look ridiculous to be honest. I’ve got a SolarisMax at the moment that has a 657 top tube and that came with a 60mm stem which I changed to 80mm. I like long, I hate low. Could I fit a 2.35″ tyre in the rear?

chestrockwell

I would imagine the Clockwork will take a decent sized tyre, most Oranges do. Give Fulford Cycles, Stif, or Orange themselves a ring to confirm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does this frame exist, help me shop :-)’ is closed to new replies.