Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does the kashima RP aircan do anything or is it just bling?
  • Northwind

Thinking of doing the tarty kashima upgrade, but I really don’t like how the aircan looks. And thinking about it, I can’t see where there’s sliding contact in the can anyway? So, just wondering if it actually adds anything…

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

It is the internal surface of the can that is important, and the coating process does the whole can… They could paint over the coating on the outside i guess, but cyclists being cyclists wouldn’t want the extra weight or to lose the extra showey-offiness… I agree that they look cack though!

kamina
    Free Member

Surely the air can makes absolutely no difference as it just stores the air, the piston moves inside some shaft, not affected by the coating of the can itself.

Neil-S
    Free Member

The air seal runs on the inside of the can so it should make a difference.

retro83
    Free Member

edit: Neil S is right, the air seal runs on the inside of it:

kamina
    Free Member

Interesting… Did they go to SKF seals for the shocks too, or only the forks?

Northwind

Ah, so it does- I was misremembering the innards. Cheers folks!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes does make a difference less static friction, so more sensitive/easier for the shock to start moving.

Air seals are the same as before the SKF seals are just on the forks at present.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does the kashima RP aircan do anything or is it just bling?’ is closed to new replies.