Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Does anyone use a SAD lamp? Does it work?
  • Harry_the_Spider

We live in a dark house in a cold and wet part of the country and it gets the missus down. Would a few strategically positioned SAD lamps jolly things up or is it all just a load of snake oil and mumbo jumbo?

alfabus
    Free Member

cold and wet part of the country

that doesn’t really narrow things down…

grum
    Free Member

I’ve got one and yes I reckon it does work. It’s not just about having them on all the time dotted around though. You’re meant to use them for around 45 mins in the morning and around tea time IIRC – ideally really quite close to you.

And don’t bother with the daylight bulbs in a normal light fitting – completely useless and quite unpleasant light IMO.

Info here: http://www.sad.org.uk

alexpalacefan

Yes and yes. Got mine a few years ago, wouldn’t be without it now.
    Get the brightest you can, it dramatically reduces the time you need to use it for.
    APF

GrahamS

cheers_drive

They do work, I also find that in the darker months the sunrise wake-up lamps really help too.

t_i_m
    Free Member

Does anyone use a SAD lamp? Does it work?

Another yes and yes. Although some of the effect may well be a placebo. Quite frankly it’s hard to tell but it seems to work, so i’m happy with that.

And don’t bother with the daylight bulbs in a normal light fitting – completely useless and quite unpleasant light IMO.

These don’t help a great deal for SAD but i really like them when working at home (on a computer) on dark days/months. Seems to lessen eye strain.

idghost
    Free Member

Yes and Yes

helps me with jetlag too.

hora
    Free Member

I find dressing up like this and prancing around infront of the missus cheers her up. Try this?

GrahamS

Christ my missus would chase me out the house with a knife if I dressed up like Mr Tumble there.

We get more than enough of him on the tellysitter thanks.

hora
    Free Member

Thankfully our lad prefers Tom and Jerry etc. He winds me up- especially on that stage show thing they do!

Harry_the_Spider

Oi. Will you bugger off out of my thread!

I asked a serious question and you’ve reduced it to Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Yes,
    and
    Yes

Yes I use one, luckily for me my employer paid for it and I use it as my desk lamp in winter,

Yes, it works, for me at least, I wouldn’t be without it on those cold dark dreary mornings,

As has been said above, use it on the brightest setting for around 45 – 60 minutes in the morning, then I turn it down to normal desk lamp brightness, again in the afternoon as it gets dark I crank it up again…

FANTASTIC things

molgrips
    Free Member

Jumping on the bandwagon, I know.

tsd
    Free Member

cheers_drive – Member

They do work, I also find that in the darker months the sunrise wake-up lamps really help too.
    +1 on the sunrise wake up lamp

hora
    Free Member

Fatboyslo how much was yours/model?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

oi harry nowt wrong with ben and holly my fav cartoon sorry meant to say my sons fav 😳

allthegear
    Free Member

Wake-up lamp here, too. Really does help in the Winter.

Rachel

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone use a SAD lamp? Does it work?’ is closed to new replies.