Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Does anyone really need that much for breakfast?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I thought the general attitude to massive portions at the the moment was to rush there with pitch forks and string up the chef/store manager by his testicles?

Think of the poor (morbidly obese) children.

mooman
    Free Member

Clear that no problem at all. Pretty sure Fannys by the tranny in Pill does something similar.

CheesybeanZ

Swap the hash browns and fried bread for a mug of tea and I’d happily eat that around 11 am .

Drac

You can keep your fried spam thanks.

Something I have never ever been served on a full English.

angeldust
    Free Member

Gross

tjagain

a proper scottish breakfast should include a kipper at some point

onandon
    Free Member

******* vile.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yet it’s listed as an item on the wiki for english breakfast.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pish! 🤣

hols2
    Free Member
    pondo

I think their sausages are really nice – that said…

The only thing that matters is bacon…

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>FTW. </span>

hodgynd
    Free Member

I love a full English ..could probably eat a similar quantity to that at home  ..but wouldn’t go to Morrison’s for a brekkie anyway ..someone mentioned  tomatoes ..100% with you that they have to be plum tinned tomatoes on a breakfast..never could understand why you would half a tomato and barely warm it under the grill..

No to fried bread ..toast instead ..jeezus think of the calories !😁

joshvegas
    Free Member

Having googled the other two out of necessity, they only appear to differ from the world renown full English by the replacement of delicious fried bread by inferior non-fried substitutes?

Fried tattie scone > fried bread

+ Fried haggis

+ Blackpudding that has flavoir.

A full scottish dicks all over and english as for world renowned the US andaCanada all want to be scottish and the first thing they do is demand a full scottish when they get off the plane. Its only world famous in the lottle world england 😊

I could eat that no bother. 32inch waist may temporarily suffer mind…

Drac

yet it’s listed as an item on the wiki for english breakfast.

Wiki you say?

Seems to menntion America it’s traditional but not Enlglish, although someone has added to the list and claimed it’s often served in the UK which is bollocks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_breakfast

wilburt
    Free Member

Been travelling around Europe recently, noticable when you get back to the UK how fat is normal.

Can’t imagine how that happened?

Drac

Normal in what sense? Is it because you choose local restaurants rather than chains when travelling for that authentic feel?

senorj

One of my colleague likes to go to a local chain pub for an all you can eat breakfast experience.He took me ONCE ,it was like feeding time at the zoo. Folk with plates stacked high with food. Saying that ,I’m just popping to the canteen for a “7”. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Normal in what sense

I’d imagine by ‘normal’ Wilburt means yer average Joe/Jo you see in all towns across the UK.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Think of the poor (morbidly obese) children.

As long as it doesn’t involve sugar, they’re okay. Fat isn’t as evil as sugar now, so a fry up probably isn’t as bad as a glass of orange juice. Until the next study comes out that says they got it wrong again and fat is far worse.

perchypanther
    Free Member

…and a proper Brummie breakfast should include a kipper tie at some point.

tomhoward

One sugar or two?

regenesis
    Free Member

What sick bastard puts half tomatoes on a fry up?

Get the proper tinned ones – fried bread needs that juice!!

That’ll drop 2 items off and leave room for another lot of black pud 😎

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not that manky English black pudding though, get some decent Stornoway instead, actually tastes nice, as opposed to the used poltus taste of Bury black pudding…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Point already addressed above nobeer.

Also all hail the lorne.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No a Lorne fan tbh, it’s been bastardised into cheap shite for the white van masses, prefer some decent links these days.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Good lorne though. Forsyths next time you’re in peebles. Get yourself sorted.

perchypanther
    Free Member

No a Lorne fan tbh, it’s been bastardised into cheap shite for the white van masses, prefer some decent links these days.

Depends on where you get it, but yeah, nothing worse than a dry, gritty square slice.

A proper breakfast should, of course, include both square and links.

No beans. Not at breakfast. That’s the Devil’s work.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lorne can be good.

http://www.lurchmonster.co.uk is my local butcher he does good Lorne. How you cook it changes it as well…. Too long in a Bain Maree and it’s like an inner tube patch.

Anyway top breakfast has just been had 2 slice of fresh home made wholemeal bread , 2 eggs scrambled , 2 slices of smoked salmon and some Angus and oink hot sauce statistically splashed over

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone really need that much for breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.