Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Does anyone on here ride a bike with only one working lung or…..
  • jamj1974

That must have been a bloody shock Postie Rich. Wish you all the best for the surgery!

J

oldfart

Rich not been in touch for ages sorry dude prob since I left RM 4 years ago! Anyhoo good that you have the same outlook as me . When I found out about my crushed vertebrae in my spine and subsequent Osteoporosis all I wanted to know was could I still carry on riding ! Nowhere near as serious as your situation I know but here’s to you mate , all the best for the future t

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good luck dude.

MoreCashThanDash

Never met you but enjoyed your posts over the years, so good luck with it all.

jonathan
    Free Member

Body’s are hopeless sometimes aren’t they? Glad it sounds like it was discovered in time and that you’re sounding positive about it. Hope it all goes well!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Use your cumbrian superpowers, itll be reet

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Chin up dude your girls will keep you well looked after,ditch the singlespeed and take it easy. Hope all goes well youll be back in the saddle before long , listen to your body rest when needed , feet up on the cold winter nights crack open some quality scotch. All the best Chris sports shop Lich.

BigJohn

Bloody Hell Rich, that sounds a bit of a shock.

But knowing you, you’ll soon find single-lunging is a bit tame and you’ll want to go fixed lung.

All the best mate.

belugabob
    Free Member

PostieRich,

I live on top of a hill and our postie rides his bike with only one lung – well, that’s what it sounds like when he reaches the top 😉

Seriously, though, Chin up, and soldier on.

Speshpaul

You take it steady mate and you’ll be right.

TN
    Free Member

Hi
    My husband rode with one slightly impaired lung (post amputation of his arm- he lost some of the supporting muscles on thatside for breathing) and one third of an operated-on lung.
    The surgery and recovery was quite hard on him and he rehabilitated by using the turbo trainer so he didnt have to move about too much. At first he was pedalling for just a few minutes but he a stubborn and determined man and was riding outdoors again after about four months.
    Good luck with it all. Glad it was picked up and you’re on the path to being fixed.

TN
    Free Member

Oh, hubbys partial pneumonectomy was from the side rather than the front. I guess that may have different implications for recovery but the prospect for resuming riding will be similar.

Kuco

Hope all goes well and your back on your bike soon.

Blackhound

Rich, trust surgery goes well and you recover quickly. Looking at other posts seems that all will be well long term.

stur
    Free Member

Hi Rich

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a condition that basically results in loss of lung capacity as I get older. I’ve ridden bikes all my life, everything from BMX, MX, MTB, Trials, Road. These days I don’t compete, I just enjoy riding my bike, with friends or out on my own. I don’t get too hung up on my situation. FWIW i would advise.. apart from taking good care of yourself and eating well, practice yoga. Find a good Iyengar yoga teacher to show you how to have good posture and maximise the lung capacity you will have. I practice every morning for about 20 mins and it’s changed my life. It’s also given me a better understanding of my body, helping me avoid injury. Don’t bother with all the yoga fads that are around just find yourself a good Iyengar teacher, they are by far the most scientific and aware in their approach. This may help LINK All the best.

wwaswas

Nothing to add beyond my wishes for a successful op and a speedy recovery.

acjim
    Free Member

I’ve never met you, but read loads of your posts on here – especially remember the extreme baby trailer one! – all the best with your surgery and recovery. I’m sure you’ll be ok!

matt_outandabout

Any news of Rich?

ton

he got married today……good lad…. 8)

matt_outandabout

8)

takisawa2

If what that there Ton says is true…good lad indeed. 🙂

And healing vibes for tomorrow Rich.
    The best postie Lichfield ever had.
    Took me a while to figure out why all my parcels came with graffiti. 😀

Kahurangi

I missed this thread 1st time around, hope you’re doing well Rich! Might have to get rid of the SS and get an e-bike for the Lakes 8)

leffeboy

Ooo, I thought it had to be happening around now. Good luck with the operation and for the recovery, I hope that both are straightforward, that life in hospital doesn’t drive you mad and that your riding is affected as little as is possible. I’m always massively impressed with the folks on here and what they keep riding through.

Good luck

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Good luck Rich.

Can we arrange a forum ride for Rich for when he gets better? That would be nice :mrgreen:

postierich
    Free Member

Hi guys got discharged yesterday after my op on Tuesday and so far its all good news! The tumour came out with ease and was not attached to any of my lung or nerve, the surgeon says in his 13 years of taking these out he has never had one of this size not attach its self to any other organs. Tests are being done on the beasty so until further news I am @ home taking it easy. Chest feels empty 🙂 but skin very tight.
    Thanks for all your posts a few pics, the ruler end to end is 16cm I,ve lost a bit of weight 🙂

DSCF4172[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

DSCF4173[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Houns

*motorboats*

*gets stubble rash*

Can’t believe you’re out so soon, all good signs. Gonna be a cool scar

wiggles
    Free Member

Did they let you keep it?

Good luck with the healing and remember chicks dig scars!

postierich
    Free Member

made sure I was visible and walking lots on the ward and jumping on the exercise bike,they got the message :-)supposed to be in for 8 to 10 days 🙂
    Loooks like my left breast needs an implant!

Drac

Steak and Kidney pies for tea?

takisawa2

Good to hear your up & about Rich. 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Does that mean they took the lung out or just the tumour?
    Sorry if thats a stupid question, glad to hear you are up and about already 🙂

simondbarnes

Best of luck with the healing Rich!

Speshpaul

****..ing…hell!
    mrs spesh who knows a little about these things was impressed.

Happy trails.

postierich
    Free Member

just the tumour 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cool! Will the affected lung regain function?

allthepies
    Free Member

Frying that up for dinner ?

postierich
    Free Member

It never lost function it was pressing against my heart and right lung but the CT scans were unconclusive on how it was attached and an mri was not an option because of loose metal in my arm!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

So a full recovery is on the cards then?

What an ace Xmas present 🙂

paul4stones

It’s is truly one of those “oh blimey, there but for the grace of god, etc” stories to a proper yeeharr!

I’ve no idea who you are OP but I wish you all the very best and am extraordinarily happy about this outcome!

samuri
    Free Member

wow! Only just seen this. Glad you’ve come out of this ok Rich. Home you’re up to speed again soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone on here ride a bike with only one working lung or…..’ is closed to new replies.