Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • does anyone make a rigid specific (non-sus-corrected) 26" ss bike?
  • Markie
    Free Member

Yep, big wheel lovers can choose between a Jones and the Ragley TD:1 (amongst possibly others), but for those of us who want to stay on our training wheels? Nothing I know of.

Are there any such bikes out there at the moment – or any that have been made in the not too distant past?

Looking for a non-suspension corrected frame with fork, preferably singlespeeded with an EBB and with the moon on a stick mounted somewhere just off the lefthand chainstay.

Fingers crossed!

ontor
    Free Member

Genesis?
    Surly.

sc-xc

Charge Duster – mine came with a rigid fork.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Surly 1×1,

fork is suspension corrected but only for a 80mm fork, the older one wasn’t.

postierich
    Free Member

Got a ss bike for sale 17″ steel £430 posted Kendal(south lakes) based
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nzrich/sets/72157627441537490/

P8153891 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

jameso

Avoiding the 29-26 debate, just interested here – why would you want SS and rigid specific but not 29″ wheels? They all compliment each other so well imo.

(edit to add, if you simply don’t like big wheels I’d buy postierich’s bike! lovely..)

thepodge
    Free Member

I wish postierich would stop trying to sell that bike, I’ll cave in one day.

postierich
    Free Member

I do and I dont want to sell it, but its not getting used 😕

Moses

That bike is beautiful. What is it?

amedias
    Free Member

every time i see that bike for sale I want to buy it, but its too big for me!

postierich
    Free Member

An old SUNN Enduro !
    Its been a bike of many colours!

sswc simonbarnes by Richard Munro, on Flickr

DSC00190 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks for the bike names all, plenty to work my way through – I’d been hoping for a non-corrected fork bike, but it seems those days have gone. 🙁

Avoiding the 29-26 debate, just interested here – why would you want SS and rigid specific but not 29″ wheels? They all compliment each other so well imo.

First up a disclaimer, I have nothing against big wheels at all and can see that the advantages of big wheels (momentum, cush, contact area) are a great match for rigid ss riding!

But for me and the way I ride? I’m happy with what I know… I’ve been rigid ss 26 since 1997 and it suits me (notwithstanding my current desire for a Schlumpf!). Accepting a 29er could offer me improvements in all the areas listed above, these aren’t areas where I typically am pushing my boundaries anyway and I’m really (no, truly!) content with what I know. On rereading, that above sounds heinously stuck in the mud to me and denialist to me. I may have to go and try a 29er now. 😕

Oh, I prefer the way 26ers look too! 😳

And yes, postierich’s bike looks amazing. I’ve sent him a mail ref clearances and am pondering hard!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘does anyone make a rigid specific (non-sus-corrected) 26" ss bike?’ is closed to new replies.