Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does anybody Have a Saab 9000 as a daily runner?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I have a 2010 93X which is great but I yearn for a proper, non-GM Saab. I know there was floorpan commonality with Alpha and Lancia but it’s a a REAL Trollhättan product .

I’ve seen a few mid 90s CDE/CSE and am tempted but am worried about the practicalities; spares availability, bodywork issues etc..

Any experiences on here?

Ta.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Do yourself a favour and look for a nice 900 T16 Aero. Brilliant car. Only going up in value. 9000’s never had the following of the 900 so it’s really hard to find a well looked after one. They are big heavy cars that drink fuel so you’ll need to have your wallet handy.

AD

I had a 9000 Carlsson that Abbott Racing had tuned. – I loved that car!

Unfortunately it ate front tyres for fun and REALLY liked petrol stations…

900 T16 is a great call but good ones are serious money now.

As a coincidence the August edition of Car magazine has a feature on Saabs (Icon buyer).

redthunder
    Free Member

Moses

I ran a ’96 / P-reg 2.3CD  full turbo for 130k miles, with no probs/ . For its age the 32-33mpg wasn’t too bad.

I liked it lots, sold it when the need for a business type car went, as I couldn’t justify having 2 cars and a van.

I’d be happy to have one again as a toy, but know I never will. Heated leather seats, mmm

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Currently running a 9000 Aero as a daily except when there is salt on the road. Relatively easy to work on, build quality is amazing on them , easily breathed on to run around 320bhp  and still able to achieve 36mpg on a run. Prices are now starting to rise as the supply of decent rust free cars dry up. Quality and character by the bucketload relative to modern  cars.

Pz_Steve

I had a 1990 2.3CD (non turbo). Plenty went wrong with it, but it didn’t seem to care. At one point I drove over 1,000 miles in a week without 1st gear, 2nd gear or any synchromesh… but with a failing head gasket. It just kept going! Even with quite major items it was ok to adopt a fix-it-when-you-can-afford-it approach.

Was the most comfortable car I’ve ever had, and with an unfeasibly large boot. I often hanker after another one, pre-(first)-facelift preferably, but they’re hard to come by.

If you get the chance, go for it. If nothing else, you’ll have some great stories!

woodster

I had a 9000 Aero as my daily until early this year. The rear floor rotted away as most of them do so I decided to get rid. The turning circle was a bit rubbish and at 6’3″ it was a bit of an awkward driving position , but otherwise I don’t have anything bad to say.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody Have a Saab 9000 as a daily runner?’ is closed to new replies.