Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Do you think my bike looks too small for me?
  • bomberman
    Free Member

well?

richc
    Free Member

does it feel too small?

BigDummy
    Free Member

It is smaller than my bike looks on me, but that does not really answer the question.

🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

not really tbh.

If its a SC Blur then the top tube is quite short.

How tall are you/inside leg and what size frame have you got ?

druidh
    Free Member

Looks a bit short to me. But then I tend to ride stretched out a bit.

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks OK seat tube wise to me.

stugus
    Free Member

looks about right to me.

you seem to be enjoying it by the look of that pic!!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Way too small. Sell it and buy another.

Isn’t that the answer you were looking for?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Looks bigger than my old one did on me, and I found it perfect:

bomberman
    Free Member

the problem is that i’ve got short legs and a long body. it’s a medium heckler and i’m 5"8 with a 30 inside leg. sometimes it feels like i’m looming a bit over the front and i do tend to go over the bars quite a lot. I’ve got a layback seatpost on it which makes it difficult to get my arse over the back end sometimes..

MrNutt
    Free Member

looks about right if you like them chuckable, which I do.

bomberman
    Free Member

maybe i’m just a bit fussy but a longer top tube would be nice

bomberman
    Free Member

i mean don’t get me wrong i love my bike i built it and it rides ace but i have noticed the short TT and seing that pic surprised me a bit

dave_aber
    Free Member

Garden’s in a shocking state. At least try to sweep up the leaves before taking photos.

MrNutt
    Free Member

why would a longer top tube be nice?

belgianbob

Bomberman,
    Thanks for the tip-off: 😉
    Now I know what I’ll look like on the bike when I buy my SC later in the year (I’m the same height and leg as you).
    I like a chuckable bike, so although that looks a bit short in the TT, it must be very nippy and easy to handle in mid air.

Nice!

silverside
    Free Member

my first instinct is "yes it does look small" – there is a lot of seat post showing and your arms are quite bent – but i dont know your bike well enough….

bomberman
    Free Member

no problem belgian bob.

i’d like the TT to be a bit longer for 2 reasons mainly:
    1) I prefer my arms to be straighter. not that i can’t straighten them out but it links into the next issue which is
    2) to avoid me being too cramped in the cockpit i’m using a layback seatpost. It gives me a really comfy climbing position but coming down the hills i’m finding it difficult to get my bum off the back of the saddle, unless i lower it. This has lead me to have the saddle at a height which is somewhere in between the perfect up-for-ups and down-for-down positions.

i can’t see a way around this really unless they do a gravity-dropper in layback? and don’t even try and suggest a longer stem!

MrNutt
    Free Member

drop the stem at the top of the hill? thats what I do.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

its just your arse looks big 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m with neverfastenuff, you’ve got a M A S S I V E arse 😀 😆 😀

druidh
    Free Member

bomberman – Member

no problem belgian bob.

i’d like the TT to be a bit longer for 2 reasons mainly:
    1) I prefer my arms to be straighter. not that i can’t straighten them out but it links into the next issue which is
    2) to avoid me being too cramped in the cockpit i’m using a layback seatpost. It gives me a really comfy climbing position but coming down the hills i’m finding it difficult to get my bum off the back of the saddle, unless i lower it. This has lead me to have the saddle at a height which is somewhere in between the perfect up-for-ups and down-for-down positions.

i can’t see a way around this really unless they do a gravity-dropper in layback? and don’t even try and suggest a longer stem!

Err – if fit is so important, then surely the obvious answer is that you need a different frame? You just need to pick something which is longer for its height. Something like a Commencal maybe?

bomberman
    Free Member

i have got quite a big arse. although i was in hospital this summer and dropped 3 stone to 7.5 stone and my arse completely vanished. i no longer HAD an arse! luckily i pulled through, and now the arse is back!

fit is everything. unfortunately i can’t afford a new frame. maybe lower rise bars might help a bit…

carlphillips
    Free Member

i’m the same size as you and have the same bike in the same size. i can only descend with the seat down as like you i find the tt too short so end up over the bars a lot. it does feel too short but still is ace with the seat down..

druidh
    Free Member

Thought about a dropping seatpost (like a Gravity Dropper)? That way you can have 2 (or 3 saddle heights with little faff. I’m similarly short-legged and reckon this to have been one of my best-ever purchases.

bomberman
    Free Member

fatmutha, what forks u running? i’m running 125’s i should probably run a pike or similar 140mm fork to bring it up a bit…

bomberman
    Free Member

but druid can you get one in layback?

druidh
    Free Member

bomberman – Member

but druid can you get one in layback?

Why would you need layback if you’re hanging off the back anyway?

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry guys – not trying to be smart-arsed here, it’s just that I struggled with a frame for ages – stem length, height, angle, then bars, then layback seatpost. Took me ages to realise that I was never gonna get it right without changing the frame.

bomberman
    Free Member

because it just feels better with layback. why would anyone have a layback seatpost?

still didnt answer my question dammit im gonna have to use google now

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yep, too small – give it to me.

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry mate – no layback Gravity Droppers. Not in any of the other dropper-types either. I suspect the seals/mechanism would be a problem with the load being applied so far off-centre.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Do you think my bike looks too small for me?’ is closed to new replies.