Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Do you lock your doors while you’re in the house?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

To those that don’t lock their doors…

Do you believe in Fairies and Leprechauns as well?

Cos I reckon anyone that doesn’t lock thier doors must live in a fantasy world where mythical deities occupy vast grassy fields of daisies and clover sprinkled with a light smattering of glowing dust and a diet of marshmallows and ribena.

🤷‍♂️🥴🤯

stompy

We don’t lock our doors when we leave the house. Keys left in the ignition of the car,truck, forklift………. But then we live in rural Croatia, crime level zero……

singletrackmind

Nope , if I am in the door is unlocked. If IM in the garage up the drive, its unlocked and often open. The beauty of a crunchy gravel drive is that no-one bothers , plus multiple PIR lights that are set on the sensitive end of the scale
    Even at night a skilled child could wander in , grab my car key and make off but I have nothing of great value that is pocketable laying around, wallet and cards would be pretty annoying , and good luck playing guess which key opens the garage as I have about 20 on a big bunch

geex
    Free Member

Besides what would your insurance think if you’d not made effort to secure a door and you were broken into?

what if you were to learn some people neither lock their front door or have insurance?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Front door’s always locked but not the back one (during the day)
    I have occasionally left the back one open all night AND the garage keys in its door.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Mate has a CCTV business, he offers a service so he monitors customers camera alerts and provides footage if needed.

Im bored of the amount of vids he’s shown me of the local friendly heroin addicts walking down the street at 4am, trying door handles.

Mate had his car emptied ( on vid, 4:30am ) by a smack rat recently,,, it’s rife round here, police won’t/can’t do anything.

I lock everything.

Hawkley hall, Wigan.

winston
    Free Member

We don’t lock our door when at home ever….often when we go out the doors are left open..I hate keys and locks. We’ve been doing this in every house we’ve ever had for 25 years. I guess we’ve been lucky plus picked good area’s with good neighbours. I’m sure one day we will come unstuck, but I’m pretty sure the things we value the most are the things most unlikely to be stolen.

rone

what if you were to learn some people neither lock their front door or have insurance?

Then by definition they’re more likely to have a bad time than me in the event of an incident.

breadcrumb

Front door is always locked, as it’s the rear one. Side door (most used) has a split lever, can’t be opened from outside without a key.

We’re pretty rural, but all it takes is a chancer.

RustySpanner

Currently in a climbing hut in a very obscure bit of Wales.

Yup, door locked, because I’m from Moston.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

When not in use I always lock my back door.

I lost my keys once, eventually found them in the ignition of my car where they had probably been for about 24-48 hours…

I left the keys in my (much unused) motorbike for about 3 weeks! It was still there but a safe neighbourhood thankfully.

duncancallum

Hawkley you need more than locks…

My missus locks it as an impulse I’m just to trusting and forgetful.

Though got my unlocked car riffelled through one night!

Getting a bit more proactive now though after that.

taxi25
    Free Member

Not normally up untill about 9pm. All locked after that for bed. I just don’t like the feeling of locking myself in rather than locking the world out. Sure someone might come in, but it’s not very likely.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not usually, but our house is difficult to get into as the front gates are old, stiff and feel like they’re locked unless you have “skillz” to open it. A neighbour had a “walk in” while she dozed on the sofa and they took her handbag and car keys but I’m a little dubious as the house is half way up a cul-de-sac and it all seemed a little suss to me!

CheesybeanZ

Yes especially after two neighbours had walkins and cars taken .

DezB
    Free Member

Do you believe in Fairies and Leprechauns as well?
    Cos I reckon anyone that doesn’t lock thier doors must live in a fantasy world

Sounds like jealousy from living in a world of anxiety and paranoia.
    I don’t lock up my Tripster outside the local Tesco Express either.
    Tinkerbell hovers by the handlebars, guarding it for me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

For added security, I like to pry open my neighbours patio doors with a pair of garden shears thus making their house a much more attractive proposition for the casual burglar

RoterStern
    Free Member

We always do after we got broken into a number of years ago when we were out. They didn’t take anything because we think our dogs disturbed them but strangely enough two weeks later our T5 got nicked from in front of the house. Last year a friend of mine, who lives with his elderly mother together, had „visitors “ in the middle of the night who stole his wallet from his bedside table whilst he was sleeping in his bed! Left his car keys though as his car is an absolute wreck.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Yes behind me. I don’t want someone stealing my bike.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Do you lock your doors while you’re in the house?’ is closed to new replies.