Home Forums Chat Forum Do you keep a to do list?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do you keep a to do list?
  • bikesandboots

I do. Routine weekly chores, life admin, house and garden upkeep for mine and parents, bike maintenance, things for friends and family, etc. – it all goes on a few lists. I use an app on my phone, syncs to the web version on my computer. I have something completely separate at work for work stuff.

I don’t think most people have one though, and they manage just fine. Even people I know with way more complicated personal and work lives than mine. They forget some things but do them eventually, never get round to others, get chased and reminded about things, or someone else does it, and it’s all ok. Their house hasn’t fallen down, the aren’t in trouble at work or with the wife for not putting up those shelves she bought last year. It appears that forgetting is an useful tool for not wasting time on unimportant stuff or stuff they don’t really want to do but should.

Do you have one?

weeksy

1. No

Caher

No +1

redthunder
    Free Member
    • No
    • No
    • No
    • No
    • No
    • No
    • No
    • No
    redthunder
    Free Member
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes
    7. Yes
    8. Yes
    9. Yes
    10. No.
    aggs
    Free Member

I did not…..

But i am getting older now and find them so useful….

From packing for a bike event or weekend away to jobs around the house!

A list is becoming a useful thing!

squirrelking
    Free Member

I do.

And I never look at it.

If I did I’d probably need therapy.

brokenbanjo

Back in the early Noughties, my mate got one of those dinky Nokia phones. It had a To-do list feature on it. He populated it with the names of lasses he met whilst out.

Drac

It’s on my list of things to do.

Ambrose

Very much so.

A planned series of lessons based on termly, half-termly, weekly and daily increments. It’s the last two that take a bit of tweaking to get just right. I have a new tecnician in work who is magnificent but new to a school environment and it’s vaguaries- I need to keep her informed by a week.

At home- post it notes ahoy, esp. re gardening tasks and also whatever family event happens to be er… happenning. At the moment it is all about me and my recovery from surgery. Things are being pretty fine-tuned tbh. A calendar that we all write on is an essential chez Ambrose.

62 y.o. and regretting not looking after myself as well as I could have done when I was younger.

Cougar2
    Free Member

I lack the self-discipline to maintain anything which would give me more self-discipline.

I have a scrap of paper on my desk. If I need to remember anything I write it down, once done I cross it out.

Drac

62 y.o. and regretting not looking after myself as well as I could have done when I was younger.

Christ I’m knackered then.

reeksy

If I need to remember anything I write it down, once done I cross it out.

Sounds like a done list.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.