Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • do you have any regrets?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Just go thinking on this over the last couple of days……..any regrets in life, anything you feel you should have done but didn't?

I wish i hadn't listened to my mother (you failed your art exam so you've blown it) and followed my dream of being an artist…….luckily i'm only 34 and can pick this dream back up 😀

tiggs121
    Free Member

Should have gone and lived in France when I was a student and had the chance to work there during holidays – may have been able to do more than order beer and book a campsite now!

grynch
    Free Member

the twins. *sigh*

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Plenty, but id rather regret something ive done than regretting something i didnt do.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Do more travelling, but on the other hand, "day aint over yet"

z1ppy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG6tRSpWqJA

(hopefully that the correct link, as youtube is blocked at work)

GrahamS

Regrets? Well, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Still wonder about not moving to Western Oz when we had the chance a few years ago, but then again, I've got a wife and four kids that I absolutely adore, a reasonable income / nice house and stuff, so the regrets only surface occasionally.

uplink
    Free Member

Maybe a bit over serious here but I really regret not seeing more of my mum

sorry

Coyote
    Free Member

I try not to regret, I try to learn from mistakes. regret can be a negative thing. Having said that there are plenty things that had I the chance over, I would do differently. On the other hand I have a gorgeous wife and fantastic children. Had I done something different then maybe I wouldn't have what I have now.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

2 japanese women who wanted to 'see my hotel room' – oh how naieve 🙁

iza, polish girl.

other than that, i can't think of many things i regret

there may be things i'm ashamed of though.

alpin
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – Member

Plenty, but id rather regret something ive done than regretting something i didnt do.

even rape?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Every descision you make, good or bad, leads you to where you are now. If you are happy in that place, then no regrets!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm currently busy learning just how much I have to regret not doing over the last 10 years. It's going to be quite a long list, much of it falling into the formula: "I regret not doing X with incredibly sexy and amusing women who actually like me earlier". 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wish I hadn't listened to my parents as much as I did about jobs, and I wish I'd have known it was possible to just sod off around the world…..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Joining this forum.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AS Gav said.

There are a few things I wished I had pursued further.

Rugby – I was a decent player at school. I stopped playing at 16 tho. Now I wonder how far I could have got.

I had the opportunity to go on a Greenpeace ship but had just accepted a really good job offer. I took the boring path and I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I chose the other path.

No real regrets as such tho. I just sometimes wonder where I would have been had I made different choices in a few places

nuke

Regret moving to Brittany back in 2001…it's taken us nearly 10 years to finally make it back to only 3 miles away from where we were living when we left. Still, I appreciate where I'm living now more.

Regret wife not taking the job in Sydney she was offered when we both left Uni.

…that'll do for now. Unfortunately I do tend to regret too much which can't be healthy 🙁

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There are at least 4 lovely women that I was too immature to notice were well up for it when I was at college.

Solo
    Free Member

Loads of regrets. Mostly for all the those things I've done, which, on reflection, were perhaps, regrettable.

I would imagine most have a regret or two.

I regret buying Michelin and Continental tyres, oh yes.

Yeah, loads of stuff

🙂

S

surfer
    Free Member

There are at least 4 lovely women that I was too immature to notice were well up for it when I was a college.

Now you mention it!

On a serious note I dont regret much my life is great but if I could change some things I would have been more sensible in my approach to running when i was younger and not squandered the few chances I had to perform at a decent level.
    Only a minor thing and I'm a simple person!

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I regret following my dad into his business and not becoming the world famous music journalist I was destined to be!

However, if I hadn't gone into the family business, I wouldn;t have met the missus and then not had the kids which are by far and away the greatest thing in the world. So, I suppose, no regrets.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Solo – i second the continental regret!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I definitely have not partied hard enough.

I would live a vastly more daring teenage life if I could go back now.

druidh
    Free Member

I regret not telling my father how much I loved him, that he was the most influential person in my life. Saying a few words at the funeral next week won't make up for this omission.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yep. I suspect I got the most important choice in my life wrong. I try not to worry about it.

iDave
    Free Member

What littlegirlbunny said
    and I married the wrong woman

Solo
    Free Member

Mr C
    I thought I should get something bike related in there 🙂

But also 2nd the wistful lament others have expressed about not spotting the really hot and up-for-it Chicks that I knew, when I was a younger Man.
    But it makes me smile.

God some of those girls were ultra gorgeous.

😀

S

Onion. I've been in the place you are now, you have my sympathies.

tails
    Free Member

I regret not telling my father how much I loved him, that he was the most influential person in my life.

He'd have known anyway parents know everything. x

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Littl girl bunny – I perhaps have partied too much – but the memories are hazy. It certainly stopped me achieving as much as I might have done.

Onion. condolences old chap. I bet he knew tho. Your actions if not your words will have said a lot

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I regret not telling my father how much I loved him, that he was the most influential person in my life. Saying a few words at the funeral next week won't make up for this omission.

I feel you pain – I went through exactly the same last year at this time. As I walked out of the hospital on the evening of Jan 08 2009 something flashed through my mind to go back and tell him I loved him. But he wasn't really *ill*, had been in hospital 3 nights already and was 'making a good recovery'. 8am on 09 Jan I got a call from my mum. 🙁 Just remember the nice times and carry his memory with you.

tails
    Free Member

I perhaps have partied too much

is that possible?

mudshark
    Free Member

Regret moving to Brittany back in 2001.

Why? Boring to live there? It seems a nice place to be but not a lot to do maybe? I say this as cycled around there and beyond last year and thought how much more pleasant than where I live in Surrey it is.

A girl wanted to marry me back in 2002; I thought best not. Later married a different girl whilst I'm happy enough some of her bad points were not shared by the previous girl so do wonder what might have been sometimes.

I started fencing when I was 9 and gave up when I was 12 when I moved to another area. I was pretty good but didn't like the new school and just gave up out of laziness really; shame as it's the only sport I was ever really good at.

woody2000

Life's too short for regrets. Accept that you sometimes make the wrong decision and move on 🙂

LGB – partying is overrated, like TJ I don't remember much from my "wild" days (1991 > 2001), and ended up a bit of a mess. But I don't regret it….. 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

i still regret not knowing enough cpr when my mate died next to me whilst in the army even tho doc said he was prob dead when he hit the floor . He was only two foot from my and i couldnt do anything. I now know quite a lot of first aid and glad i do

rockitman

Years of debaucherous living lead to addiction which I quit only to replace it with something very similar. When I finally quit that on 01/08/07 I had a bipolar incident that turned my life upside down. I lost my wife, someone who was my best friend for 8 years and now wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire. I have a great "new" life with another girl who is also great and I'm very happy, but I seriously regret the way I behaved. Wish I'd had some control over it.

nuke

Why? Boring to live there? It seems a nice place to be but not a lot to do maybe?

Yep…nice place to visit but not to necessarily to live particularly after moving from the hustle and bustle of London/Surrey. Personally I think we were to young, the weather for the first year was awful, access rights seem bad in France (No bridleways without driving to places like Nantes-Brest canal, Huelgoat)…I could go on. Not Brittany's fault necessarily…just didn't work for us.

Geronimo
    Free Member

I should have pursued a career in what I wanted to do rather than what I thought I should do.

Although I have been all over the world, I should have travelled more when I jad no responsibilities eg. A long overland journey by car/bike/moto, but due to work/career issues didn't feel that I could leave it all for 6 months or a year and pick up where I left off.

With hindsight these were excuses and I should have travelled, come back and started again at something different.

All in all, I have had a good life so far though.

satsoma
    Free Member

I regret giving up my dream job of radio presenter just because everything got 'too much'. If I wasn't such a coward I would have stuck with it and could be doing a much better job than Chris Moyles by now…

theotherjonv

Frederique Paone

Although even that not really, it's still a good story when I meet up with the mates and in any case, +1 to Gavskater

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘do you have any regrets?’ is closed to new replies.