Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Do you ever see people and think "they must be STWers"?
  • soundninjauk

I was chatting to someone at Swinley today, mentioned I’d been around with the STW crowd last November, he said ‘you have to be fit to ride with that lot’ or something along those lines.

So someone somewhere has a high opinion of you lot anyway.

paulx
    Free Member

Seriously, I see quite a lot of people like this, and think that if I asked them “Are you on STW”, i’d be genuinely surprised if they were not.

I’m on another forum for BMW riders. Forum members go by the name of “tossers” – so it easy for us to identify other forum members. You just up to a likely looking BMW rider and ask them if they are a tosser.

What could possibly go wrong……

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tazzy, count me in for next years event.

Can we stop off for a Curry too??

On Cog?? Whatdatden?

ianv
    Free Member

some fat guy getting off the funicular at Les Arcs with his Dialled Alpine and a Trail Addiction Guide ticked a lot the STW boxes for me.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Yesterday witnessed a few possibles, urban SW London and 3 cyclists going slowly down the high st, one on a cotic soul the other corpulent chap on a road bike with nodder flat bars (didn’t see what the other chap was riding)
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they were on here or that bike radar place.

coastkid
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Saw a bunch of guys at a shop in North Berwick today.
    Fat bikes
    Niche brands
    Beards

I asked and yes, some were STWers.

Hi guys if you’re reading this.

Orange On One (STW give away) with trailer and wife on bike touring?
    Aye was us! nice to meet you, hope you enjoyed your ride to Dunbar,
    I was the non bearded one in out of fashion cycling gear with 90s Karrimor back pack 🙂

Bike hip flask is another give away of STWrs 🙂

footflaps

Saw this bike and thought ‘that must be Smurfmatt’

peterfile
    Free Member

A bit weird bumping one of my own and rather old threads, but I saw a fat bike outside a supermarket in Aviemore last weekend and thought “ha! I bet he posts on STW”

Fast forward 15 mins and I’m having a coffee across the road when a (bearded) man leans over and says “This might sound crazy, but do you post on STW? Are you peterfile?”

Turns out it was druidh scotroutes and he’s actually a very very nice man 🙂

What was even weirder was that the fatbike wasn’t his.

So there’s still another STWer in Aviemore who I haven’t met.

EDIT: ironically, scotroutes is the first person to have replied to this thread basically saying i was wrong and that most people I think are on STW actually are not. How daft do you feel now eh 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

peterfile – Member
    a (bearded) man leans over and says “….Are you peterfile?

Sure you heard him right? 😛

footflaps

Did he offer you sweets and tell you it would be your little secret?

peterfile
    Free Member

mrs file was with me and i did wonder if she thought i was part of some sort of internet kiddie pron ring.

“do i know you off the interweb?”
    “perhaps”
    “are you a paedophile?”
    “yes! lovely to meet you, pull up a chair”

fortunately for me, she reads every word i type on here so she knew it was just some geeky cycling forum i’d like steak pie for tea and a pair of slippers for xmas darling.

akira

If I see someone with a bike I really like or a bike I really hate I presume they’re from on here.

Northwind

Me and ChrisL went on a ride a while back, he was on his Mojo SL, I was on a rigid Soda, wearing lots of body armour, we couldn’t have been more STW if we’d been handgrinding coffee as we rode and talking about Audis.

I’ve occasionally confused people by introducing folks like “This is BoneyM, from my internet cult. No, not the pushbike internet cult, the other one.”

scotroutes

Ha! Not daft at all. The other fatbike owner to whom you refer doesn’t post on STW.

The case for the defence rests m’Lud.

PS – the beard is coming along fine. How’s Anna yours?

scaredypants

How’s Anna yours?

😆

gwaelod
    Free Member

In tescos just now a bloke was peeling the lids of Pot Noodles and counting the flavour sachets inside…….

althepal

I had this person down as an Stw’er.. went in the wrong way of a one way system- check. Need two spaces instead on one- check.

peterfile
    Free Member

PS – the beard is coming along fine. How’s Anna yours?

A bit itchy 🙂

I might be up your way at the weekend (depending on work stuff and not having to do Anna’s xmas shopping for her). I’ll give you a shout if I do!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Conversations with strangers about the internets:

Didn’t you post that thing on STW?

STW? Sexually transmitted what?

scotroutes

Working Saturday and making a trip to Strathpeffer on Sunday (picking up Mrs Scotroutes new bike). Available for beerios in the evenings tho!

PS – that reminds me…

peterfile
    Free Member

holy moses. you weren’t kidding!

that’s quite a destructive poo

senorj

I bought a bloody Audi just to fit in on here….
    no one ever says hello. 😀 😥

wwaswas

I’m never quite sure how to answer when people ask me ‘do you post on stw?’.

‘cos I know the next question is going to be ‘what’s your username?’

and I can never bloody say it.

It’s just a shape in my head really, not a word.

(plus the fact they’ll surprise me by knowing more about me than might be considered normal for strangers meeting on the top of a hill)

fasthaggis

You are a bit weird though 🙂

wwaswas

You are a bit weird though

😆 and 😳

*wanders off to look for a witty retort*

andypaul99
    Free Member

If they ride the following i would say 10000000%

nbt

Try Canesten.

Houns

Last month I was in my local and I overheard a couple of people (one was in there tuning the piano, not a euphemism) talking about cross dressing, upon hearing this I asked if they knew the niche whore Sheldon from here. Indeed they did and were bikers too, I dunno if they post in here though

singlespeedstu

andypaul99 – Member

If they ride the following i would say 10000000%

You’d be wrong then.
    He does post a lot on MTBR though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

This, or wobbling down trails, then in the carpark later telling everyone very loudly how fast they were ‘shredding’ everything in sight.

Erm, oops. *cough* Harrumph…

timidwheeler

I’ve got my suspicions about a guy at work. He’s started riding a rigid 29er singlespeed into work. It’s got Mucky Nuts mud guards and one of Smuge’s lights. He also uses the expression HTFU regularly.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m always amazed how normal STWers are in real life.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Do you ever see people and think "they must be STWers"?’ is closed to new replies.