Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Do STW'ers actually like anyone?
  • Woody
    Free Member

😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I properly like few people – they make up the small circles of friends I have. Most folks are nice enough to spends some time with, on a sliding scale. A very few people I really dislike and avoid.

This seems normal to me

Bunnyhop

Sir David Attenborough.

There was no slagging off or critising anyone on the STW ski and snowboard thread and that’s got over 1,000 posts.

alpin
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Ours is. Impossible not to smile back when she grins at you.

^^ no offence, ben, but it’s exactly this that i don’t like about babies.

why are people unable to have a baby in the room without randomly making “gu gu” noises? why does a baby in the room attract so much attention? why does the topic of conversation revolve around babies when one is in the room?

why to parents deem it necessary to show you pics of their sprogs without your asking and then get stroppy that you don’t take a massive interest in the little shit machine….?

or maybe it’s just me?

MSP

And remember Hitler was a baby once, all babies have the potential to grow up to be the most evil dictator in history!

alpin
    Free Member

a good point well made….

palookah
    Free Member

why do parents ‘overbiked’ middle aged biffers deem it necessary to show you pics of their sprogs niche bike without your asking and then get stroppy that you don’t take a massive interest in the little shit machine overpriced MLC ‘steed’….?

chewkw
    Free Member

MSP do you really have to invoke Godwin’s law? 🙄

Edukator
    Free Member

Steve Peat, you mean the Stella advert on a bike? A corporate pawn used to reach places normal advertising is outlawed. Downhilling with lager tins on his helmet, dear me.

No-one is perfect not even me, well nearly, I don’t want to get irritated, it’s just that after five minutes of television news or any Internet forum it’s very hard not to feel just a little outraged.

MrSmith
    Free Member

or maybe it’s just me?

no. it’s not just you.
    you obviously haven’t had your sensibilities addled with or the aggressive parenting gene that makes previously sane adults turn into self centered cretins once little olivia/oliver pops out.

or what i call “parent blinkers”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bunnyhop, it did get a little sketchy when someone mentioned telemark!

😉

mintimperial

maybe it’s just me?

Nah. I don’t understand why people coo over babies either, and I fathered one (the count is going to stay at one). He’s smashing and it was still love at first sight and all that, but he was a horrible little sod when he was tiny. That’s my opinion of my own baby, I’ll spare you my thoughts on other people’s… 😉

rainbow
    Free Member

There is alot of keyboard warriors here finding fault of everything! 😆

alpin
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member

or maybe it’s just me?

no. it’s not just you.
    you obviously haven’t had your sensibilities addled with or the aggressive parenting gene that makes previously sane adults turn into self centered cretins once little olivia/oliver pops out.

thank you Mrs Mith…. infact, you’re right. the babies themselves are ok. my gripe is with the parents/style of parenting….

Jamie
    Free Member

thank you Mrs Mith…. infact, you’re right. the babies themselves are ok. my gripe is with the parents/style of parenting….

I’m the same with horses.

mrdestructo

There is are alot of keyboard warriors here finding fault of with everything!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MrD, if you’re being that picky, at least spot that “alot” should have been “a lot”.

RustySpanner

ton – Member

i love everyone. it takes far less energy to love people than to hate them.

You’re doing it wrong. 🙂

mrdestructo

I’m not that picky 🙂 I’m just helping someone with their World Englishes issues.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I would rather reserve my ‘hatred’ for those who truly deserve it ie. those who have done nothing, achieved nothing, contributed nothing, yet have gained fame and fortune by virtue of being famous for being famous eg. any Big Brother contestant, footballers wives etc etc.

Why on earth do these people truly deserve ‘hatred’?
    They’re full of themselves and believe they are special….. like ALL young people.

I hate poorly thought out opinions! 😉

CountZero

I only hate evil people.

Woody
    Free Member

I hate poorly thought out opinions!

Hah! It’s not poorly thought out.

These people haven’t even had the decency to do something to become liked or highly regarded, so it’s fairly easy to skip straight to the ‘hatred’ stage and thus save a lot of time 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There do seem to be quite a few folk who are held in high regard for being associated with something good, rather than being the cause of good. I can’t say I hate them for making the most out of a fawning public; they are just irrelevant. But I feel something close to disgust for the fawning public who thing they are important.

jedi

its nice to be liked 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

Sorry to burst the bubble, but no baby is cool.

Baby Jake is cool

Unless he grows up to be a Christian of course 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Benefit claimants tend to be well liked on here.Especially when they show a very strong interest in your steed.

yunki
    Free Member

I have a theory on this..

In life we tend to befriend people that we connect with.. and unless we or they have some severely twuntish tendencies then we remain friends..

The cult of celebrity however is slightly more corrupt.. people with low intelligence worship persona’s created for monetary gain.. Not only does this low intelligence public have short little attention spans and fickle herding tendencies, but also the people that create the persona are hungry for more.. more love, more money, more fame.. Often they will try to achieve this by pandering to the lowest common denominator with little consideration for integrity or indeed for anything genuine.. and so the public lose interest and move on..

celebrity is a crack whore.. with herpes

I think these guys are genuinely liked by all though.. unless there is something fundamentally very wrong with society..

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Bradley wiggins and Victoria pendelton: liked on stw?

yunki
    Free Member

I have no idea who bradley and victoria are but they sound vile..

BadlyWiredDog

celebrity is a crack whore.. with herpes

I read this as ‘celery is a crack whore.. with herpes’ and agreed completely.

Anyway, I’ve always assumed that the endless ‘hatred’ the people on here profess for all sorts of relatively minor things – celery is an exception obviously – is some sort of emotional blow-off valve.

But it is a shame, I give you the words of Morrissey: ‘It’s so easy to laugh, It’s so easy to hate, It takes guts to be gentle and kind’ in the full awareness that in a moment someone will pop up to declare their undying hatred of The Smiths and all that they stand for. I hate that… 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Benefit claimants tend to be well liked on here.Especially when they show a very strong interest in your steed.

I do not see anything wrong with the statement, whatsoever.

ulysse
    Free Member

Is SurfMatt still = AWESOME?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is there anyone who is universally liked and respected by the STW massive?

Not likely to ever get universal like and respect because I refuse to idolise anyone and usually find that even those who could be respected are often unlikeable. I’m not a people person 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Do STW'ers actually like anyone?’ is closed to new replies.