• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Aidy.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Do Hermes employ any humans…
  • pondo

… and is it possible to contact them? They’ve started playing a little game called “let’s deliver everything to Pondo”, chucking it in our porch without ringing the bell (if they did, I could say “that’s not mine”) and really I’d like them to stop, but it seems utterly imposdible to contact them via either telephone or the utterly useless chat bot (both of which go “we’ve confirmed delivery – yay us!”).

Drac

0330 808 5456

csb

Like the new rules for paying tax for EU parcels, charge for processing, Stick a note up saying each delivery incurs a £10 realease fee. Then let your neighbours work it out with their retailers.

Flaperon

0330 808 5456

That doesn’t get you to a real person. The only way to speak to someone at Hermes is to be the sender.

argee

They’re giving you free stuff and you’re complaining?!

pondo

^^^ What Flaperon said re the number. Mrs Pondo has adopted a more forthright approach and just opened it so we now have the buyer’s email address.

What’s a bit bizarre is that, whilst previously it was someone just down the road, this one is from a few miles away and the address is totally different. It even has my phone number on the label!

jimdubleyou

I was going to ask this question yesterday, but if just written off the £30 their lost return has cost me now.

Not worth the stress…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I did quite well out of them over Christmas, 1kg of Ethiopian coffee beans and a coffee table book on whisky distilleries of Scotland. Also got some hoover bags and extractor filter, which both went in the bin.

TheGingerOne

Our guy is great. So good in fact that we gave him some beers for Christmas as a thank you.

GHill

We have a great local delivery guy too

Northwind

Their customer services side has basically collapsed since coronavirus (lots more volumes of parcels, more new couriers, and contactless delivery will have created loads of problems and they just haven’t handled it at all) they used to be OK but now you can’t really call them (it’s a paid-for number and I was on hold for 20 minutes before i gave up), and the bloody awful Holly automatic assistant is just designed to put you in loops and tell you things you can find out from the other screens.

So, any time I need to speak to them now, I raise it through the online chat but I use whatever completely inappropriate option seems best- I think I used “damage to my property by a courier” the last time. No automatic responses on that one, it put me to a “leave a message for us” screen which I used to say “this isn’t anything to do with the option I chose, sorry, but please help with this other thing” and it worked

Aidy
    Free Member

they used to be OK

Err… when exactly?

I’ve tried to contact them a number of times over the past… decade? I don’t think I’ve ever managed to get anything useful out of them.

Aidy
    Free Member

No automatic responses on that one, it put me to a “leave a message for us” screen which I used to say “this isn’t anything to do with the option I chose, sorry, but please help with this other thing” and it worked

You actually got a response out of them?!

I did that, got a response basically saying “hi, we’ll get to it at some point, but don’t try to get in touch with us until we do – we’ll ignore everything”. That was 2 months ago.

Now if I go through the stupid online chat, it just says “You’ve contacted us about this already, wait for a response.”.

project
    Free Member

Few years ago a customer had just retired and was so pleased to get a job delivering parcels for hermes @ 50p a drop, he failed to understand that if nobody was in he would have to return nrext day to re deliver for that 50p plus all his other deliveries.

Then there was the estate car full of parcels, that the driver was sorting at side of road, he then drove off failing to realise he had left some at side of road and some on the roof, pity i was on the bike or i could have redistributed them for him if i was in the RANGE ROVER Sport.

footflaps

Few years ago a customer had just retired and was so pleased to get a job delivering parcels for hermes @ 50p a drop, he failed to understand that if nobody was in he would have to return nrext day to re deliver for that 50p plus all his other deliveries.

I do feel pretty sorry for them, does seem a pretty tough job and always offer to take in parcels for neighbours etc to save a redelivery.

pondo

50p? That explains a lot – notably amongst delivery couriers, Hermes never ring the bell, they just sling it in the porch and do one, usually leaving the porch door open. Amazing we’ve not had anything nicked.

Buyer’s been and picked it up – apparantly she’s been trying to contact them for two days to say they had the wrong address. But Hermes are uncontactable…

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Disgraceful company. Last problem I had took upwards of 60 emails, plus phone calls and that stupid Holly POS. None of which solved the issue so I had PayPal do that for them in the end. But some satisfaction from knowing all those emails cost them a lot more in customer service time than it would have to do what I was asking. They do reply on Resolver, or I used this address previously: myhermes@mailgb.custhelp.com

Drac

Fantastic company never had an issue with them, the lad is always friendly, efficient and will call back if he gets no answer. Then he’ll try the door in case I’m on nights and pop the parcel through.

Northwind

Aidy
    Free Member

Err… when exactly?

I’ve tried to contact them a number of times over the past… decade? I don’t think I’ve ever managed to get anything useful out of them.

I’ve posted probably about 3000 low value parcels with them and tbh, until last year I found them absolutely fine to deal with. Occasionally the first contact’d be pretty poor- just trying to give you a copy-n-paste answer- but the second was usually good.

Back then I’d 100% have rather dealt with a lost hermes parcel than a lost parcelforce or dhl one. Now… Well, to be fair I’ve not dealt with parcelforce or dhl lately so maybe they’ve got better, but every courier company I’ve had any dealings with since the pandemic kicked off has been a mess. Like I say, lots more volumes as people are ordering more online, which means more new drivers, plus contactless deliveries means more items “lost”. I don’t know whether Hermes have even tried to rise to that challenge or if they’re just carrying on as usual and assuming that customers will just accept it “corona innit”.

Aidy
    Free Member

You actually got a response out of them?!

Literally every time, even now. Slow as all hell though.

I did get one pretty funny one where the first response was “you should have told us earlier, too late now” and the person just didn’t seem to grasp that I’d told them 3 weeks before and they just hadn’t got round to checking yet. But that got quickly escalated and fixed.

footflaps

On the local Police FB page they arrested a courier who was using a stolen van (from another courier). God knows what happens to all the parcels in the van. I guess the thief ditched the first lot and the Police impounded the second lot!

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Also just this week came my first Hermes parcel in over a year that hasn’t been slashed open with a knife to check if the contents were worth stealing. Something I’ve complained repeatedly to Hermes and retailers about but gotten nowhere.

Aidy
    Free Member

I’ve posted probably about 3000 low value parcels with them and tbh, until last year I found them absolutely fine to deal with.

Maybe they’re better with the sender, than the recipient. I guess they couldn’t be worse.

I refuse to send stuff with them based on my experience as a recipient, though… or well, fundamentally as not a recipient.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Do Hermes employ any humans…’ is closed to new replies.