Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Do any nations eat Dolphins?
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just had some dolphin friendly tuna for lunch and got to wondering why we favour tuna/swordfish and the like over dolphins for food. I know they are claimed to be intelligent animals but then so are pigs and we (the British) are pretty happy to chow down on them.

Are dolphins endangered, too smiley looking or just not very tasty?

tazzymtb

the Japanese do, and hunt them in one of the most barabric ways possible

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRD8e20fBo[/video]

scaredypants

what do you think “scampi” is ? 😐

tazzymtb

“scampi”

usually monk fish tail if it’s cheap or norway lobster if it’s true scampi

scaredypants

yeh they tell you that, ….

it’s dolphin and kitten 50:50

samuri
    Free Member

If lack of intelligence is suitable justification for not eating something, why don’t we eat racists?

And while I’ll accept that cats are quite smart sometimes, I’d happily eat one.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hopefully if we ever get a visit from an advanced alien civilization they will exclude the more intelligent species from consideration as a potential food source.

Although of course there is no moral reason why they shouldn’t eat touchy-feely humans just because they get overemotional about stuff.

mt
    Free Member

for what porpoise do you ask?

geologist
    Free Member

Maybe the Cornish? having 6 fingers helps keep hold of the slippery buggers. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And while I’ll accept that cats are quite smart sometimes, I’d happily eat one.

Yeah I don’t mind eating pussy either.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Well we used to eat whale in WWII. By all accounts it didn’t taste very nice. A bit soapy.

I would assume that dolphin tasted similar.

jon1973
    Free Member

This is a serious subject, no place for puns. Please stop talking pollocks.

RustySpanner

jon1973 – Member

This is a serious subject, no place plaice for puns. Please stops talking pollocks.

You don’t need to be a brain sturgeon to see where this is going.
    I’ll mullet over and get back to you.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Will you all stop carping on with these fish jokes.

konabunny
    Free Member

Eel never let it lie now.

thepurist

Hopefully if we ever get a visit from an advanced alien civilization they will exclude the more intelligent species from consideration as a potential food source.

Although of course there is no moral reason why they shouldn’t eat touchy-feely humans just because they get overemotional about stuff.

Maybe they’re already here and are just fattening us up ready for harvest. Forget the ‘Obesity epidemic’ – it’s aliens all along!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

kaesae
    Free Member

I think considering how intelligent whales are no civilised being would eat them.

That goes for a lot of other animals and animal products that are eaten for no good reason, monkey brains and tigers knackers as two examples.

Then again humanity is a bunch of irrational, delusional, insane apes, so anything goes!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Do any nations eat Dolphins?

we do, we just call it dolphin unfriendly tuna

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Have you tried birds eye ‘chicken’ flippers?

Cod roes, I’ve had a bream about eating them for ages, halibut I’ve managed to resist it for all our hakes.

sorry, slow day, time for a brew

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Do any nations eat Dolphins?’ is closed to new replies.