Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DJ’s and TT gurus – longshot (Vestax content)
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I picked up a Vestax PDT 5000 TT on the cheap, however it is missing its tone arm weight – i’m a novice so I thought getting hold of one of these was going to be easy,..alas…i can only seemingly get it from the US and it’s going to cost me over 50 notes to get it here…so before i take the plunge…

anyone got one?

plyphon
    Free Member

Have you tried emaiing Vestax directly? They might know a supplier locally.

The other option is to get a tracking force gauge (super cheap on ebay) and try to fashion some sort of bluetac + spare change counter weight. Once the weights are set for your needles they don’t need to be touched again unless you change needles/carts. Might look fugly but it would work.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

email Turntable lab in the states, NY based record/DJ store, very knowledgeable, may be able to point you int he right direction.

Based on photos it doesn’t look like the the technics 1200 would retrofit, but you need the width of the end of the tonearm to be sure. You’d get a technics weight no problem

I believe Vestax shut their doors in 2014

plyphon
    Free Member

Heh shit, I didn’t realise Vestax had gone 🙁

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ve emailed the NYC store. I’ve tried a pdx weight, but it is a different diameter/weight. And fashioning one has crossed my mind, which may ease my pain for a while. It’s been a learning experience for sure.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Is it just a wait on a thread to adjust counter balance to the cartridge? If so a friendly lathe man should be able to o knock one up from offcuts. May be cheaper than ordering from the USA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DJ’s and TT gurus – longshot (Vestax content)’ is closed to new replies.