Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY help – hinges
  • teenrat

I am trying to source some hinges but don’t know what they are called so Google searchesarent finding anything suitable.

The hinges I need are essentially 90 degree hinges with the bracket fixing to the side (ie West) , but the hinge mechanism is north to 12 o clock. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know what these are called so I can find them?

BigJohn

Terrible description but you could mean either cranked or parliament hinges.

kayak23

What are you hanging?

teenrat

It is a terrible description – apologies.

Its to fix a wooden lid on my campervan bed, which is basically a ply box. The hinges need to fix to the underside of the lid and internal sides of the box

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Draw a picture of what you are trying to do. That might help. If you post it on here it might help even more

kayak23

Chest hinge?

kayak23

^^^ I used those flap hinges recently. Pretty good but not pretty.

slowol

kayak23 sounds about right. Useful for ‘flap’ doors on high top cupboards though and used for the top back cupboard in our van but opening downwards rather than upwards so you can get in when the back seat is up.
    Not pretty but not needing a lid stay can be an advantage. I seem to remember them being fairly easy to fit too (matters if you are semi-skilled like me).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY help – hinges’ is closed to new replies.