Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dissector
  • sparkyrhino

Anyone running a Maxxis Dissector on the front reversed or left it correct direction?

joebristol

I’d just run the dissector the marked way round regardless of the end it’s on. I’ve run a 2.4” dissector on the front and rear. I didn’t love it on the front – it came up quite narrow vs a 2.5” DHF but it’s decent on the rear as quite a fast rolling but grippy tyre. Faster than a Dhr2 and a Forekaster but slower than the Spec Slaughter I have on the bike now. Vs an aggressor I think the grip / speed ratio is better too.

Saccades
    Free Member

Ran it on the front in the correct direction.

Worked a treat.

sharkattack

I’ve got one in my basket on CRC but I haven’t clicked the button yet. Not sure whether I want 2.4 or 2.6 on a 30mm rim and I’ve heard they come up small (as mentioned again in the first reply).

I was going to run it with a Rekon in the rear to try and speed up my enduro-donkey on the boring bridelways.

Not sure why you’d run this, or any other tyre, backwards.

lawman91

Got one on the front in 29×2.4 and its bloody awesome for my riding. Was a bit edgy in proper winter mud but otherwise it’s a fast, grippy tyre. Don’t think it’s particularly small personally, quite happy with the size it is and wouldn’t want it any wider for sure for the trail centres/ natural riding I do.

RichBowman

Front – normal way around. Really like it. Measures exactly 2.4 only 30mm rims, though was slightly under that when first fitted (not that a mm or 2 is overly noticeable).

I run a Rekon on the rear too for a bit less drag. It survived Nan Bield recently (though I was properly mincing it on the way down, so not a surprise).

joebristol

@sharkattack

Not sure whether I want 2.4 or 2.6 on a 30mm rim and I’ve heard they come up small (as mentioned again in the first reply).

I’d go for the 2.6” I think. Wish I had done that. In the end I put a dhf 2.5” instead. Dissector is now a spring / summer rear tyre for me.

richmtb

Hmm…

I’ve not bought a tyre for nearly a month now so it must be time 😀

On my path and easy trail bashing Scandal I use a HRII up front and a Minion SS rear. Is a Dissector worth a try on the front?

sparkyrhino

Its a 29/2.6 I have fitted it the correct way, looks pretty much the same as the 2.6 dhf its replaced on 30mm internal. The reason for the question it looked odd but i was looking at it unfitted and the bike was upside down ( a total hot and bothered brain fart moment)🤡

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I like the dissector on the back where its a good size, fast enough for trail riding and grippy enough for confidence.

The nature of the tread means I will never bother trying it on the front. I like a positive edge on a tyre, and compared to a Shorty, DHF or DHR2 all have better edge grip.

mjsmke

Got a 2.4 on the front the correct way round. Faster than the DHF, just as good conernering grip.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I thought we’d moved on from this wrong way round carry on, as tyres aren’t as shite as they once were?

alan1977
    Free Member

2.6’s both ends of my hardtail, proper rolling direction. Absolutely love these tyres. Brings joy to me vs the DHF/DHR2 on my full sus. I much prefer the feel of it on the front compared to the DHF. this is in appropriate conditions mind..

greeny30
    Free Member

I hear the maxxterra dissector nobs don’t last long on the rear, but what about the exo dual compound.

gkeeffe

I have the dual on the back. It’s lasting well in Lake District rock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dissector’ is closed to new replies.