Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Dirt subscribers…..
  • stevede
    Free Member

I’ve just received an email from mbuk saying my dirt subscription has transferred across to mbuk with 13 issues remaining, thought I’d lost my money for good so I’m happy with that! I know mbuk is a bit of a comic but it’s better than no refund at all I guess.

StirlingCrispin

I got a letter stating that I could opt out of the transfer and get a refund.

Email sent….

kimbers

no letter here just an email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Mountain Biking UK

Your subscription has now successfully transferred from the recently closed Dirt magazine to Mountain Biking UK magazine.
    There are 7 issues left of your current subscription.
    If you have any questions regarding any aspect of your subscription please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services team on +44 (0)1604 828733.
    Alternatively, for 24/7 access to your subscription information, simply visit cycling.buysubscriptions.com/youraccount/ to setup an online account. Your Account enables you to see on−sale dates, update your details, renew your subscription and much more.
    I really hope you enjoy your subscription to Mountain Biking UK magazine.
    Yours sincerely,

honourablegeorge

I’d be livid if someone stuck me with MBUK without asking

shaggy

I got a letter. Phoned the number on it (I think the one listed above) and got a refund. It took about a minute. Sending me a check, which I’ll probably forget to take to the bank.

warpcow
    Free Member

Letter and email arrived today. I thought I had none left so I’m happy enough. The few times I’ve bought MBUK recently it’s been pretty good.

jackj14
    Free Member

I’ve just had this email. This is like rubbing salt in the wound. If you’d told me ten years ago that this email would one day arrive I’d have laughed…. Then cried

Northwind

I got a refund too. Though it was only 1 issue

andyrm
    Free Member

Quick Devil’s Advocate question here – principle of Factory Media transferring your subscription to another publisher/mag, of those who say they don’t like MBUK, when did they last read it? All the STW’ers on this and the other thread who have picked up and read a copy recently have said it’s been pretty good. In other words, is an old preconception stopping you from taking a look?

hora
    Free Member

MBUK has gone from packed full with silly language to thin with lots of ads and not much really. Has it been sold off?

Tbh recently its not worth the occassional buy. What will kill off most mtb mags? Mtb mags. When the content-attempt becomes dull.

Coyote
    Free Member

Transferred mine to MBUK with 2 issues left.

rapiddescent

it’s also a slight bending of the data protection act (even though they make a claim that it isn’t in the letter!). Their original data collection notice did not allow for it. Anyway, it’s just an mtb mag so hardly worth pursuing. email sent…

Dark-Side

I’m happy enough. I’m sure I only had one issue left of my sub and I’m being offered 6 issues of MBUK. I picked up a copy to read en-route to the Mega and was surprised by how much of the content was of a decent, engaging standard.

Northwind

andyrm – Member

Quick Devil’s Advocate question here – principle of Factory Media transferring your subscription to another publisher/mag, of those who say they don’t like MBUK, when did they last read it? All the STW’ers on this and the other thread who have picked up and read a copy recently have said it’s been pretty good. In other words, is an old preconception stopping you from taking a look?

I already subscribe. Better than Singletrack, most months, tbh. Some of the prejudice is true, and they’re very guilty of trying to be clever, but there’s usually a lot of solid content too. They’ve got pretty good at multi-purpose articles- frinstance, last issue, an enduro bike review that was also a ride/roadtrip story. Something they pinched from MBR I think. So even if you don’t want to buy a Trance X or whatever it was, you can still get something from the article about their ride from Switzerland to Italy.

MrGrim

I had the letter from factory media. Called and told them to send the remaining issues due from Dirt with MBUK and to cancel the subscription as I didn’t want to subscribe.

Not sure if it’s normal, but today I just received my first MBUK issue with some free tyre levers and also received an email with direct debit details and check my bank account to see a new direct debit set up by immediate media.

I’ve cancelled the direct debit and will wait and see if they get in touch with me, but just posting this here in case others have the same and are unintentionally now paying MBUK subs.

kimbers

cheeky gits have sent me one today as well

after me saying no thanks

especially cheeky as they didnt just give me 7 mbuks to replace the 7 dirts I was due, but they wanted to toll over the direct debit and increase it!

fingerbang
    Free Member

I got one as well! after having rang up 2 departments at Factory to ensure the subscription was cancelled and wouldn’t be transferred to MBUK! cheeky b’stards

check the skills page at the back where they show you how to ride a drop off. 😯

they obviously think i’ll reconsider with cutting edge content like that

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yeah ive also been reading (and enjoying) mbuk more over the last few months so was delighted when i got the letter/email about my subscription transfer!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Makes sense now… why I had an issue of mbuk turn up in the post..

SimonR

I declined the offer to transfer too but still received a copy of MBUK and a new Direct Debit instruction to Immediate Media Co Bristol.

Cancelled the DD and I’ll see what happens.

jwt
    Free Member

Rang a couple of weeks ago to cancel the subscription as I didn’t want MBUK. Told I would be receiving a cheque for the remaining amount £2!
    Instead I received a copy of MBUK, which glancing through seems to be a rehash of some old copies from 2004 that lie in the bottom of the magazine pile in my doctors surgery. Same old same old, Dirt had its faults but keeping things fresh wasn’t one of them.
    Must check my direct debits as verbal instruction doesn’t seem to be enough!

LoCo
    Free Member

I’ve had this too, rang publisher/subs as soon as heard about Dirt for cancel & refund and again a few weeks later, got mail last week rang again want to cancel and refund as already explained, was told yes no problems and got a mail, copy of MBUK arrived yesterday with some shitty tyre lever, Not F’in happy, won’t be putting any ads in any of their mags now. 👿

MrGrim

Dragging this thread back again….

Being chased by MBUK now for payment details due to the cancelled direct debit despite calling and advising I had never agreed to an MBUK subscription. I’ve replied by email reconfirming everything. Will wait and see what response I get.

If you were a dirt subscriber and have started receiving MBUK I recommend checking your bank accounts if you don’t want to subscribe. I’ve nothing against MBUK but think the whole dirt end of print subscription process has been poorly managed.

VanHalen

odd you lot are having trouble.

I followed teh cancellation procedures before the dates on the letters they sent me and concequently recieved a refund cheque.

that was ages ago too

MrGrim

I followed teh cancellation procedures before the dates on the letters they sent me and concequently recieved a refund cheque.

I think my mistake was being happy to receive the remaining subs in alternative issues rather than asking for the refund. Although others on here seem to have asked for the refund and been signed up to MBUK anyway.

digga
    Free Member

I had only a couple left to run, so didn’t bother cancelling, but as others have said, compared to the (generally IMHO) well written content in Dirt, MBUK is what I would call advertorial arsewipe.

Great shame to loose Dirt. On his day, Steve Jones could combine humour and expertise with great aplomb and I absolutely loved James McKnight’s “Europikey” series or articles.

Hey ho.

MrGrim

Now started receiving MBUK subscription issues again. Getting tired of contacting them to sort it out. Haven’t noticed any new direct debit setups so they can contact me if they want to sort it.

MrGrim

So, Immediate Media Ltd have set up a new direct debit. I’ve cancelled it and called them to tell them. This is just a PSA really in case they’ve done the same with others but you might not have noticed. I can’t believe it has nearly been a year and this is still going on.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Dirt subscribers…..’ is closed to new replies.