• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by accu.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Direct mount fat bike cranks
  • dufusdip
    Free Member

Does anyone now if raceface still make Aeffect cinch cranks in 170mm rear spacing for fatbike 100mm bb with a 24mm axle?

I’ve a set that were great until an spd fused itself to the lhs crank arm, now bolt has rounded.

I’ve messaged Raceface hut no answer yet. Or does anyone have suggestions for a decent 24mm crank for fatbike in 24mm axle? They all seem to be 30mm now.

whitestone
    Free Member

It seemed to slip off their product sheet late last year. I think there was a thread on the fat bike sub-forum of MTBR. I just checked the UK fat bike forum and this was posted in January this year:

I posted on the mtbr fat bike forum about aeffects and the consensus seemed to be that they were in the process of revamping their line up post Fox ownership of the brand.

Can you not drill in to the end of the SPD axle and use a bolt extractor? Though you’d have to find a standard threaded one since most are left-hand thread to get standard threaded bolts out.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Whitestone, that’s really helpful.

That was one option, as was grinding the pedal axle to fit a spanner/ weld metal onto it. But all seemed radical and potential to knacker the cranks, so was looking for a back up plan. Or an excuse to buy new cranks…

I was starting to feel that 24mm axle, 100mm bb and 170 rear spacing seems to be “old standard”.

accu
    Free Member

just bought one of these a week ago..
    price is quite reasonable and still available
    (last one in 170mm…)

https://www.alltricks.com/F-147887-manivelles/P-351020-race_face_aeffect_crankset_direct_mount__fatbike_100mm__black

or these… spindle length 150mm should be for 170mm rear spacing i guess…

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/race-face-aeffect-28t-fatbike-crank-175mm-818325?currency=1&delivery_country=48

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Direct mount fat bike cranks’ is closed to new replies.