Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dingwall / Inverness riding
  • frogstomp

Heading up the road to Dingwall in a few weeks – any suggestions on places or routes to ride?

Laggan and Golspie both on the list (having ridden the former before), but maybe some suggestions a bit closer?

Options under consideration:

= The Findhorn ride from issue 94 sounds great and looks stunning but I can’t find much information (GPX?) of the actual route bar some walking ones.
    = I’ve always marvelled at the Strathpuffer write-ups – is the loop (or similar) worth heading over to ride?
    = Learnie Red Rocks for a morning?

Anything from scenic XC loops to mountain ascents to off-piste trail gems welcome!

dovebiker

Paging Epicyclo!

roger_mellie

Learnie is definitely worth a morning or afternoon of your time.

Shackleton

Depending on the weather and midge forecast torridon is day tripable if we wanted to?

frogstomp

Depending on the weather and midge forecast torridon is day tripable if we wanted to?

How could I forget that! But yes, we will be praying to the weather gods for that one!

kcal

Learnie worth a visit, and find someone to take you for a spin round Evanton too.
    Findhorn would be worth a shot, some sections might catch you out and navigation on the west side is not always obvious..

NZCol

Learnie riding well week before last 👍

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I was up there a while ago and rode up to the monument at Fyrish above Alness. There was quite a few sections of sinlgetrack that someone had made that were quite good. Your also very close to Contin woods where the Strathpuffer takes place. Thats worth a look.

Spin
    Free Member

Lots at Fyrish.

frogstomp

Thanks for all of the suggestions.. we dodged the rain and managed to cram in Learnie (x2), Evanton (Fyrish), Golspie and Strathpeffer. The lovely, loamy off-piste stuff at Learnie and Fyrish were particular highlights – hats off to the builders!

grantyboy
    Free Member

does anyone have that Findhorn ride gpx or advice, that pic looks stunning

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dingwall / Inverness riding’ is closed to new replies.