Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Difference between Trance and Trance X
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hi
    I understand that a trance is 4" travel and the trance x is 5" but what is the actual difference? Is the complete frame different or is it just the linkage? Could you buy a new shock and linkage and get the extra travel?

JoeNation
    Free Member

Trance is 4.2 actually 🙂 They are completely different, AFAIK the frame and linkages are not interchangeable.

There are two versions of the original Trance, one with a cage around the lower shock mount and a straight top tube with a brace, and the other with a pierced down tube and a curved top tube with a brace (linkages are the same). The Trance X has curved top and down tubes and no braces.

First gen Trance

Second gen Trance

Trance X

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Ah cheers mate, mine is the second gen trance, and thanks for the info! Might need to save for that Orange Alpine 160 now 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

ive had both a 1st and 2nd gen. those 2 options are VERY similar. very hard to tell any diff at all.

(both awesome mind…)

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

GREAT Bikes, Test rodeone 2nd Gen x2 on a demo day and Loved it, just need to talk fun control into the fact that I do REALLY need one 😆

JoeNation
    Free Member

I just saw a Trance on Ebay with the down tube and cage from a 1st gen and the curved top tube and brace from a 2nd gen. Confusing. Not my auction 🙂

.duncan
    Free Member

I ride an 08 Trance which is the same shape as the current Trance Xs. brilliant bike for local singletrack and chilterns riding, does get a little out of its depth though in the rougher / steeper stuff though.

MrSmith
    Free Member

fit a longer fork to the X. they come with 120 but work well with a 130-140

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Ive been told that the trance (non x) will take up to a 140mm fork, but Im thinking, wont that throw the whole bike out because there is no way to increase the rear travel?

chakaping
    Free Member

Ive been told that the trance (non x) will take up to a 140mm fork, but Im thinking, wont that throw the whole bike out because there is no way to increase the rear travel?

i tried it and I didn't like it, but others do. 120mm was just right for me, 130mm at a push.

If anyone's interested I'm selling a medium 3rd gen Trance frame (much lighter, without pierced downtube) with a Pushed Float R. Email in profile.

tron
    Free Member

Do they break seat tubes?

Clarkey
    Free Member

I've had the X0 for 2.1/2 years, I got it on a whim as an insurance replacement. Best all round bike ever. It's great at most stuff, even 4x, jumping etc. I choose to the change the front Fox forks which were 120mm and a bit flexy to Magura 130s. If I needed another bike today – I'd get another straight away.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Difference between Trance and Trance X’ is closed to new replies.