Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Diane Abbot’s Son – Charged with biting a Police Officer.
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

You couldn’t make it up:

Abbott-Thompson is accused of spitting in the face of one officer as well as punching him, and then attempting to hit a second officer whose thumb he allegedly then bit.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/diane-abbott-son-james-arrested-charged-assaulting-police-a4304306.html

He’s appearing in court in February – by which time DA could well be Home Secretary. #awkward

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stupid kid.

stumpyjon

Private school education! Vive la revolution.

RustySpanner

Convenient.

kcal

Not the first HS offspring to get into trouble.

Recall the run of odd newspaper layouts – around 2001 ? where they’d report on a prominent politician’s son being held for drug possession, then randomly mention Jack Straw in a neighbouring column.

Sui
    Free Member

Kid… He’s 28, he’s a fully grown adult.. Spitting and biting should be a jail sentence. Goea to show a posh education doesn’t bring any class, but a politician mother brings you self entitlement.. I hope they throw the book at him… Literally.

bikebouy
    Free Member

28?

Ohh, ok.. Stupid Adult.

mtbqwerty

It’s the parents I blame…

qwerty
    Free Member

He’ll have to up his game if he has royal aspirations.

easily
    Free Member

A lot of people here happy to condemn without having all the facts.

Usually when I hear that a young black man has assaulted police officers I view it with some scepticism.

gauss1777
    Free Member

easily +1

Sandwich

Easily plus another, especially when the Met is involved. It’s a wonder the lad didn’t fall down the stairs.

outofbreath
    Free Member

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/diane-abbott-heckled-police-officers-10435520

Priceless.

Shades of the Trump visit. All the Tories crossing their fingers for 48 hours hoping he’d keep his mouth shut, and breathing a massive sign of relief when he safely took off for home without having torpedoed their campaign. Momentum must be the same, sitting around thinking “All we need is Abbot to keep her head down a for a while and we’ve got a good crack at this.” Abbot: Hold my beer.

Recall the run of odd newspaper layouts – around 2001 ? where they’d report on a prominent politician’s son being held for drug possession, then randomly mention Jack Straw in a neighbouring column.

I remember at the time a newsreader ending his report by saying “I wonder what the Home Sec will think about that.” I was young and naive and didn’t spot the hint. When the identity came out I had a forehead slapping moment. 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s the parents I blame…

😀

falkirk-mark

Apparently she offered to pay the cop 3 months wages and wrote a cheque for forty quid

slowoldman

Hang on that Mirror link suggests “Diane Abbott heckled police officers”.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

He’s got a long way to go before he beats mark Thatchers rap sheet.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cambridge law graduate James Adam Abbott-Thompson, 28, allegedly assaulted the two PCs on Friday afternoon when he went to the government department to visit a member of staff, a court heard.

Hmm. Young black man trying to get into a government department, scuffle ensues. I would bet there’s some sort of provocation involved. You guys should try being black some time. After all, you don’t get to be a Cambridge law graduate by being a delinquent… something else most of us don’t know much about.

scaredypants

You guys should try being black some time

You are Justin Trudeau and I claim my 5CAD

outofbreath
    Free Member

Usually when I hear that a young black man has assaulted police officers I view it with some scepticism.

He’s an upper class Cambridge graduate lawyer with five years of FO service behind him & pushing thirty. The Police attended in response to a call. I suspect the public school demeanour and expensive suit will have been a bit more noticeable than his skin.

We’ll have to wait to see what happened but given how it unfolded there will be plenty of witnesses so the truth will out.

senorj

Another easily + 1 here too.

ctk
    Free Member

Yippee somebody from the political party I don’t support’s son got in trouble with the law. Hope he goes to jail forever because I don’t like his mum!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Hope he goes to jail forever because I don’t like his mum!

She’s achieved a huge amount in her life, she’s dedicated her life to public service (in government and opposition) and she’s had a pretty credible media career. Plus Cambridge graduate plus first black woman MP.

You might not like her but she will go down in history on the last count alone and the rest is more than you or I have ever done.

RustySpanner

And yet you started this thread.

Flashy piles in with all the glee of someone watching a debagging in the common room……..

nick1962
    Free Member

But in my experience government departments especially those in London have a really diverse work force so why would an ex-employee experience this?
    Two women are killed a week by their ex or current partner usually after a long history of harrassment including at their workplace.
    Diane Abbott’s son is an adult with a privileged, successful upbringing.If he’s in the wrong then his mother should quite rightly condemn his behaviour.

Lets wait for the facts.

outofbreath
    Free Member

And yet you started this thread.

That doesn’t mean I have to tolerate personal attacks on someone who’s endured far more than their fair share of personal abuse.

RustySpanner

Yeah, I’m sure you had her best interests at heart.

Or was it yours?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Two women are killed a week by their ex or current partner usually after a long history of harrassment including at their workplace.

I have a friend who’s ex stalked her at work. It’s certainly one possibility.

Lets wait for the facts.

Yes… …and while we’re waiting let’s speculate wildly on STW. 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

But in my experience government departments especially those in London have a really diverse work force

It’s true – one of Directer Generals in my department didn’t even go to public school 😉

ctk
    Free Member

OOB I was doing an impression of the type of bell end who would be excited about this news. Forgot the winky face.

ajaj
    Free Member

the truth will out.

From the Standard article:

“until a trial at City of London magistrates court”

So unlikely to see the truth. We never got the truth in plebgate before grown up judges, unlikely to get it at the magistrates.

outofbreath
    Free Member

We’ll have to wait to see what happened but given how it unfolded there will be plenty of witnesses so the truth will out.

From the Standard article:

“until a trial at City of London magistrates court”

So unlikely to see the truth. We never got the truth in plebgate before grown up judges, unlikely to get it at the magistrates.

Plus as soon as the election is over he can plead guilty without embarrasing Labour in which case there will be no public exposure of what happened.

…but even without exposure in a court with plenty of witnesses the truth will still creep out IMHO. Or at least several versions of the truth. It’s entirely possible Abbott-Thompson might give his side of the story as well – especially if he feels hard done by.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

You might not like her but she will go down in history on the last count alone

Did you deliberately mention Dianne abbott and the word count in the same sentence? This is what she will go down in history for 😂

outofbreath
    Free Member

You might not like her but she will go down in history on the last count alone

Did you deliberately mention Dianne abbott and the word count in the same sentence?

😀 Good one…

…but I stand by what I said.

Dickyboy

until a trial at City of London magistrates court”

Did some work in the basement there last year, fascinating place regret not taking any photos a real victorianas wet dream

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Good one…

…but I stand by what I said

I bet a big percentage of voters haven’t even got a clue she was the first female black mp! I’d put money on more people remembering her for all the stupid things that have come out of her mouth over the years, which lets face it is a hell of a lot 😉

She always sounds totally incompetent in interviews and whenever somebody challenges her on anything just changes the subject. I don’t know how anybody could ever vote for her, she’s an utter joke.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Easily – 1

DezB
    Free Member

She always sounds totally incompetent in interviews and whenever somebody challenges her on anything just changes the subject

Er, she’s a politician. This describes just about every single one of them I’ve heard speak.

firestarter
    Free Member

She seems to have been rather conspicuous in her absence over the last few weeks in the lead up to the election, I wonder why that is

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Diane Abbot’s Son – Charged with biting a Police Officer.’ is closed to new replies.