Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dhf Vs Assegai rolling resistance
  • sam1988
    Free Member

Looking for a comparison on the above tyres. I don’t like the transition between the side and centre knobs on the dhf and had a few instances where the fronts drifted . Reviews says the Assegai sorts this but it’s slower rolling, my question is how much slower. Currently running a 2.3 dhr2 and a 2.5 dhf. Both maxxterra exo 3c. For what I’m riding they don’t seem to draggy.

grahamt1980

I haven’t done a direct comparison as using different wheel sizes on different bikes, but with the assegai on the scout and the dhf on my hardtail i haven’t noticed one or the other being noticably more draggy.
    Def notice a difference between the assegai/dhf and the hans dampfs i have on another bike. The hans are way more draggy

BillOddie

Not massively helpful but I find for the same compound/width/casing, that the DHF rolls faster than DHR II.

If you’re planning on putting the Assegai on the front i wouldn’t worry about rolling too much.

Akers

I recently swapped out my front tyre from a DHF to an Assegai. Can’t say I notice any increase in drag, but I found grip on loose and/or slippy descents was definitely improved.

singlespeedstu

I can’t tell any real difference with drag going from a DHF to an Assegai in the same compound on the front.
    I do notice a difference with the Assegai in Maxxterra on one bike and Maxxgrip on another.

earl_brutus

I went to a 2.5 Assegai from a 2.4 DHR – no noticeable increase in rolling resistance but front end seems grippier – feels more confidence inspiring and hence im faster.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Assuming you’re not a crazy person and planning on running these on the front, I found there to be little difference in resistance.

I did go back to the DHF because the Assegai felt a bit more vague and less locked in on its edge, but I seem to be in the minority with that.

sam1988
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Assegai now fitted upfront. Definitely feels like it has more grip. Might have slightly more drag but if so not much. I do have a 2.4 dissector which I will try on the rear , guessing this is slightly faster than a dhr?

stevede
    Free Member

Exactly the combo I have on the bike at the minute, dissector is faster rolling than the dhr2, liking it so far. Mine is the maxxgrip dh casing, should see me through to winter when I will go back to assegai/dhr2 then if need be shorty/dhr2 for the proper filth.

snotrag

DHR 2 on the front, Dissector on the back is the way to go!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.