Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Dhb Dorica or Troika
  • Tim
    Free Member

Has anyone had experience of either?

After a basic trail MTB shoe but laces or velcro…?

Thanks

Tim

Bazz

I prefer velcro over laces, unless the laces are covered in some way, otherwise i find the laces snag on bottle cages, derailleurs, chainrings etc.

johnnystorm

I have the lace up ones. They are pretty good and comparable to shimano sizing, if perhaps a bit roomier. The downside I found was that the tread is hard plastic. So fine in mud as the tread is deep but not very good on hard surfaces. Fine for the sale price I paid but at full RRP I’d rather have Shimano’s offerings.

Tim
    Free Member

They are both £50 so a chunk cheaper than anything Shimano.

I’m tempted by the velcro just for ease of use (I’ll wear them commuting as we)

el_boufador

I bought a pair but sent back because they were too big. Consider sizing down. Also I wasn’t keen on the massive red logo on the grey ones!

Otherwise seemed good though

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Dorika carbon road shoes for two years, very light and stiff, laces allow a lot more tension tweaking and aren’t so likely to break.

MrPottatoHead

I’ve got a pair of Troikas. Wishing I’d spent a bit extra tbh as I find them a bit uncomfortable. Size seems ok but just don’t quite fit my foot shape all around. They are a lot cheaper than the Shimano their replaced, but feel it too rather than being genuinely better value. I’m not rushing to replace them, but I won’t be sad when they wear out.

drlex
    Free Member

Dorica on offer at Wiggle at £25.50 – https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-dorica-mtb-shoe-2

ianpv
    Free Member

My 12 year old son cracked both of his Doricas across the sole in one season of bmx races. I’d spend a bit more. Warranty was fine though.

roach

£12.75 !?

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Got the Troika, had no problems at all. Used for both road and MTB. Fit well and velcro holding up well as well.

kilo

I did most of last year cx’ing and commuting with the dorica, they were fine. Very good value for the money.

cookeaa

£12.75 !?

Still not sure they’re worth it, I bought a pair a while back found them long/narrow and flexible, flipped them on via eBay.

Could be tempted to get a pair one size down as an emergency backup I suppose, but wouldn’t want them as my only riding shoes…

kimura54321

I’ve just bought another pair of Dorica’s after seeing them for £12.75 👍

I have massively wide feet and they are super comfy even going down to a size 8.

Not as good quality/stiff as the 10 years old wide fit Shimano ones they replaced but plenty good enough for commuting/road/gravel path stuff I do a lot of.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Assume the doricas and troikas are the same fit, just velcro Vs laces?

If so, then I best get some lace-ups at that price!

garage-dweller

Bought two pairs of Troika in 45 and 46.  They’re a bit bigger than most disco slippers especially for width.

I am normally a 45/11 with room for thick socks and hobbit shaped feet.

The 45s are fine with summer socks.

The 46s fit with thicker walking socks for winter.

Seem ok after just a few rides.  Mud dulls the logos. 🙂

IHN

Yep, for twelve quid I’m going to take a chance, ordered a 43 and a 44. I’m normally 44-ish, with really narrow feet, so we’ll see.

kimura54321

@jimfrandisco – I found the troicas a bit narrower and the Velcro straps too short to fit around my wide feet, the lace up ones seem to be roomier overall but have loads more adjustment.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Now £9.99 Grrrrr

hardtailonly

What’s the sole like? Grippy rubber or hard plasticky death slide?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I bought some Doricas but like someone else up there I found them narrow.  They’re in the emergency shoe pile. Sole is plasticky rubbery mtb style. You know when you pick up the £6 kids shoes in Asda? That sort of feel.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Sole is really hard plastic, uppers have a really plastic feel, but a tenner…

IHN

Now £9.99 Grrrrr

Whaaaaat? Bastards! 🙂

cookeaa

I was hovering over buying a sized down pair but then remembered I don’t actually need them and didn’t get along with the previous pair, I don’t think laces on cycling shoes actually suit me and they are quite plasticity.

I suppose you have to ask yourself, why is the price tumbling on these? Is it half to do with the quality and half that camo footwear is a bit ‘meh‘ looking?

If you do desperately need a pair of cheap SPD shoes they’re a bargain.

Either way I’m strangely proud I talked myself out of a pointless purchase and passing on a PSA for once…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.