Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dhb Dorica or Troika
  • Premier Icon Tim
    Free Member

Has anyone had experience of either?

After a basic trail MTB shoe but laces or velcro…?

Thanks

Tim

Premier Icon Bazz
    Free Member

I prefer velcro over laces, unless the laces are covered in some way, otherwise i find the laces snag on bottle cages, derailleurs, chainrings etc.

Premier Icon johnnystorm

I have the lace up ones. They are pretty good and comparable to shimano sizing, if perhaps a bit roomier. The downside I found was that the tread is hard plastic. So fine in mud as the tread is deep but not very good on hard surfaces. Fine for the sale price I paid but at full RRP I’d rather have Shimano’s offerings.

Premier Icon Tim
    Free Member

They are both £50 so a chunk cheaper than anything Shimano.

I’m tempted by the velcro just for ease of use (I’ll wear them commuting as we)

Premier Icon el_boufador

I bought a pair but sent back because they were too big. Consider sizing down. Also I wasn’t keen on the massive red logo on the grey ones!

Otherwise seemed good though

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Dorika carbon road shoes for two years, very light and stiff, laces allow a lot more tension tweaking and aren’t so likely to break.

Premier Icon MrPottatoHead
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Troikas. Wishing I’d spent a bit extra tbh as I find them a bit uncomfortable. Size seems ok but just don’t quite fit my foot shape all around. They are a lot cheaper than the Shimano their replaced, but feel it too rather than being genuinely better value. I’m not rushing to replace them, but I won’t be sad when they wear out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.