Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DH World Cup Rd 5 – Vallnord – Preview & how to watch
  • rockitman

All photos credit Red Bull Content Pool Loic Bruni putting 3 seconds into Vergier by the first split in 2019 The last time the DH World Cup visited An …

By rockitman

Get the full story on our front page at:

DH World Cup Rd 5 – Vallnord – Preview & how to watch

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

weeksy

If what we’re hearing is correct, this will be the last time we’ll hear Rob Warner commentating in Andorra for the foreseeable future #lookatthetime

Say what now ?

Elaborate.

Dark-Side

I guess Warner is not moving to Discovery Networks next season then. Shame.

somafunk

Track looks very fast with a couple of dodgy bridges

rockitman

Not had it confirmed from the man himself but 2 people have told me Rob won’t be doing the World Cups anymore. Massive blow. You only have to watch Crankworx or World Champs coverage on the BBC to see what he brings to the sport.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Reading here it sounds unlikely to be returning next year, real shame as he’s been the voice of dh since Freecaster days for a lot of people. Honestly struggle to imagine it without him tbf.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Rob-Warner-The-Inside-Line-Archives,3857

danposs86

Now is the perfect time to see Crankworx and Red Bull TV get together and build an incredible race series for next year. Might be able to pull in quite a few top riders (especially if the £3k to £20k entry fee price hike rumour by the DH World Cup is to be true).

desperatebicycle

The commentary makes such a difference. I was trying to watch some BMX championships on Eurosport last week and the commentator just made it all so dull. Will be a shame if Rob goes. Only guy who comes close is Ed Leigh, but I doubt if he’ll be in line for the job.

tom84
    Free Member

omg that track is insane

crab
    Free Member

Yes the track looks crazy fast.

Nice to see Gwynn properly back in the mix with 5th in qualis.

Will be gutted to not have Warner at the helm next year. That is such a blow to the sport.

Trimix
    Free Member

Gwynn does seem to be back on it. Either the track is an outlier and it just suits him and the bike, or they have finally got the bike sorted. Probably the latter as Dakota has also been up there recently.

On the subject of Rob – I actually asked him outright at Fort Bill if he was going to be employed by Red Bull next year. He said “No”. After I commented along the lines of how the coverage wont be the same without him he replied saying the internet will explode and a week later they will all have forgotten it.

Really not sure who would be good to do his job. Hopefully they pick someone who actually knows what they are talking about and someone with character.

darnold

It’s bad enough it’s gone to Discovery but no Rob Warner is an absolute tragedy for the sport. No one comes even close to the excitement and enthusiasm he brings. Can see the ratings drop off without him. The commentary is everything. E.g. Crankworx DH was painfull to watch due to the commentary.

weeksy

stwhannah

The final section of the track gives me the willies. Glad it’s not raining.

kimbers

Damn updated my fantasy team, but it doesn’t seem to have saved and I’d have been on 2nd & 3rd in the women’s!

crab
    Free Member

Yes agree about that last bit, particularly the entrance to the final bridge, a few of the Women only just making it as the track seems to throw the riders to the left. That drop in the steep section that the women are rolling is nuts! Looks far worse than the practice vids show.

Well done *** (edit to avoid spoiler) for holding it together, nice to see it click for her where it went bad for quite a few others.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Last few runs were properly insane. Hard to see where Greenland lost time in the second half, possibly because those bridges/rubber matting were a really bad idea.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.