Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • DFDS Logistics aggressive driver M6 FN61
  • aP
    Free Member

Driving down the M6 this morning had a DFDS Logistics driver running right up to the back of the car in a 50mph average speed zone continuously (driving at indicated 50mph as was everyone else). It would appear that I wasn’t going fast enough, even though I was sitting amongst others doing the same speed. Flashing of lights, horn, driving right up to the back of the car, more lights more horn then big swerve and undertaking.
    I assume this is normal – any thoughts on complaining?

br
    Free Member

Based upon your speedo been slow, he was doing less than 50mph – and for this he’ll get a call from his Manager, for going too slow.

Time is money.

And if he could undertake you, you were in the wrong lane!

Karinofnine

Lots of lorries have onboard satellite tracking systems linked to their base, their planner can see at a glance where all the units are and how fast they are going (it records too for later analysis/evidence). I was very surprised when I recently started using satnav and discovered how wrong my speedo is – 5 miles an hour slower at 50. That represents s significant amount of aggregate time over a long distance. Having said that, I agree that the driver’s behaviour does sound rather over zealous. S/he might have been running out of driving time.and facing a rest period in a service area rather than at home. I hope you’re not too stressed by it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

This annoys tits out of me like.

Folk driving in the wrong lane.

Surely after a flash youd move over ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I don’t see how in an average 50 mph zone whilst sat at 50 mph you could be in the “wrong lane”?

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Had you just cut him up and he was annoyed about that?

I run a fleet of trucks around the UK. Google the company’s CPC holder on the VOSA site (applications & decision), work out their email and drop him a note. I’d want someone to tell me if it was one of mine…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Flashing of lights, horn, driving right up to the back of the car, more lights more horn then big swerve and undertaking.
    I assume this is normal – any thoughts on complaining?

I don’t see how in an average 50 mph zone whilst sat at 50 mph you could be in the “wrong lane”?

50 mph on the clock is somewhere between 43 & 50 depending on your car, tyres and other stuff.

He was probably sat at 45 looking at the space that you could pull into. He was aggressive but if there was room to pull in you should have. Regardless of your speed you should be in the left most lane unless overtaking.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I don’t have a GPS so in average speed zones I’ll always be in lane 1 or 2. Maybe he wanted to do 53mph? Usually best to move over if someones driving like a tool, let them crack on and annoy someone else.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I agree with the lane choice and as an excellent driver I always use the left lane when possible 😉 but it always amazes me how fast a lot of people go in these camera zones! How do they keep the licenses?

prettygreenparrot

Instead of toughing it out with ‘I’m doing the limit’, just move over and chill out.

Frankers
    Free Member

prettygreenparrot – Member
    Instead of toughing it out with ‘I’m doing the limit’, just move over and chill out.

This

josh1982
    Free Member

You wanna be careful he hasn’t clocked your number plate for being in the wrong lane.

warton
    Free Member

he sounds like a dickhead, report him to the company for dangerous driving.

but,

if you’re not overtaking, move over….

retro83
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    I agree with the lane choice and as an excellent driver I always use the left lane when possible but it always amazes me how fast a lot of people go in these camera zones! How do they keep the licenses?

The truck is limited to a 56 or a real 50 (as opposed to your overreading speedo’s 50), in any case not enough to trip the speed cameras.

zokes
    Free Member

Simple – if you’re not overtaking anything, you should be in the inside lane. If only all driving-related queries were so easy to resolve…

theotherjonv

even in the ‘stay in lane’ sections of motorway, where you’re supposed to not change lane?

And as for the “S/he might have been running out of driving time.and facing a rest period in a service area rather than at home.”

Really? If you were delayed by 5mph over the whole of a 10 mile stretch you’d be delayed by about 90s. I’ve got traffic lights near me that hold you for longer than that. If a pro driver is cutting it that fine and it excuses driving like a **** as a result, I’m handing my license back in.

aP
    Free Member

There were 3 lanes of traffic, I was slowly overtaking the 1st lane and slowly bring overtaken by fhe 3rd lane and there was basically about 2 car lengths of space between most cars. There wasn’t actually really anywhere else to go apart from push into the 1st lane which is what the lorry driver did. There was maybe a space of 3 or 4 car lengths in front of me in the 2nd lane.
    Hohum. I’ll just chalk it up to experience and steer well clear anything with DFDS written on it.

somouk
    Free Member

Very very common in those zones I’m afraid. I do a lot of miles on the motorways and see that sort of behavior all the time. Just put it down to him being a numpty and don’t worry about it.

We run cameras in our cars to monitor our driving with forward facing lenses but I sometimes wish they had a rear facing lens as well to catch some of them!

scaredypants

The number of people who will sit at 45-50 in the outer lane of those zones, when there’s space inside is staggering. They wouldn’t sit at flat 70 in the same lane normally but insist on it when there’s an average speed camera. Govt could stop all speeding nationally just by putting those things up “everywhere”.

If others want to speed, let em past – it’s their licence

cookeaa

I sympathize with the OP but I very much doubt this statement:

driving at indicated 50mph as was everyone else

Every other socket on there seems to scream along in the middle and RH lane and then they heave on the anchors when they sight a yellow gantry.

Obviously this erratic twattery must “Average out” to ~50mph somehow or else they’d have all calmed down by now? But I can’t help wondering what these tools understanding of the word “Average” actually is…

I stick to what my speedo says as it seems to tally pretty closely to my Sat-Nav, and I just use the same lane discipline as everywhere else, if someone wants to go faster I’ll do my best not to hold them up but if I can’t pull in to the LH lane I’m not toeing it over the speed limit just to keep some arse in a van happy, and I’ll assume those cameras actually work until told otherwise…

Anyway email his boss, unless they catch a bollocking of some sort some people just don’t learn, and it sounds like you did nothing wrong OP.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

…I’m handing my license back in…

I bet you don’t.

I was tooling the M6 last week; cruise set to 73. I was overtaking some slower cars and a BMW 5 came howling up behind me, very close, and started flashing his lights. I moved over when I could and gave him the ‘tosser’ sign.

It was 2 cops in an unmarked car.

They pulled me for a bollocking but backed up a bit when I asked them for the drivers details so I could complain about his aggressive driving.

There are lots of tossers on the roads, even onbes who should know better.

joao3v16
    Free Member

So to summarise:

Some people are massive penises.
    Some of these penises drive vans.
    At least one of these van-driving penises works for DFDS Logistics.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Interesting one, SC: if they were in a rush to get somewhere, why would they take time to pull you over? No surprise that they backed down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In that situation sc I would probably have braked hard dropped to 4th and floored it just enough to make then #### themselves. Braked to avoid the rabbit officer, not a problem as you were observing stopping distances.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Smurf Matt tactic ^^ I claim my ten pence for the “awesome” one reference!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve been using that for 10 years nearly got sparks off the front of a 5 series. For persistent idiots a wash of the windows first adds to the surprise.

zokes
    Free Member

I’ve been using that for 10 years nearly got sparks off the front of a 5 series. For persistent idiots a wash of the windows first adds to the surprise.

Deliberately attempting to cause an accident. Go you 🙄

Karinofnine

Agreed, over 10 miles a 5mph difference would not be material, but over 200 or more miles it would, the lorry driver will be attempting to keep at the maximum legal speed possible wherever possible – over very long distances this works.

When my ex and I went away I towed the caravan and he took his Evo. He used to leave later than me and ‘have fun’ on the motorway, I used to keep a steady, but slower, speed. Hare and tortoise. I more often than not got to the destination first. He was always surprised at how efficient driving at a good average speed is – looking ahead for slowing traffic, changing lanes to keep that speed, keeping the unit rolling. It was very interesting.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘DFDS Logistics aggressive driver M6 FN61’ is closed to new replies.